Air fryer tips

How long you putting a chicken in for and what temp, usually one just under 2kg is around 90 mins at 180 in an oven.
Crown 2 lots of 20, whole 3 lots of 20, both at 180, rest 30 mins approx. But have temp probe to check done ness for joints. Timings and co-ordination tricky that's why I often do salad with wings. Salad wont burn/go cold if wings need 5 more mins

Two slices of bread (I use wholemeal) a teaspoon of jam on each slice. Squish a load of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in between the bread. Brush with an egg and stick in airfryer for about eight mins. Pop tarts but a lot healthier

Am I right in assuming all “air fryers” are is little ovens?

My mrs keeps banging on about us getting one.

I don’t really get all the hype apart from it being some social media trend for bell ends.

Am I right in assuming all “air fryers” are is little ovens?

My mrs keeps banging on about us getting one.

I don’t really get all the hype apart from it being some social media trend for bell ends.
They cook healthier, you need less oil, they also save a fortune on electricity taking a third of the energy to make the same item. For us we use the oven for quick meals, nuggets, oven chips etc, so this saves quite a bit of money, I’m not seeing the wife doing a full roast dinner in it as that’s a lot of faff with timings etc for all ingredients but for things like bacon butties etc it should save money and be healthier.

They cook healthier, you need less oil, they also save a fortune on electricity taking a third of the energy to make the same item. For us we use the oven for quick meals, nuggets, oven chips etc, so this saves quite a bit of money, I’m not seeing the wife doing a full roast dinner in it as that’s a lot of faff with timings etc for all ingredients but for things like bacon butties etc it should save money and be healthier.
Roast beef dinner great in air fryer. Meat in one compartment , spuds, parsnips, yorkshires (frozen ones admittedly) in the other. Rest of the veg in a steamer.
Easy and just as good.

Is anyone air frying their turkey for Xmas?

Guess only crowns would fit.
I actually considered it, but would have had to have cut it in half and do it twice so though fuck it (not literally btw).

Best thing they do for me is baked potatoes, soften them in the microwave then finish them off in the Air fryer, beautiful.

I can see the attraction. We’ll probably end up getting one to have a play with it.

Another gadget to use once and stick in the cupboard I suspect, like the fancy mixer the mrs used to make one meringue a year ago.

Been reading with interest but still out on should we buy one, thinking the storage is a problem.
We have a fryer that only gets used on boxing day for cooking chips in, it gets cleaned out just after and put bye for next year, probably a tradition from my childhood days of chips, turkey and pickles/ branston.
My kids are adults now but boxing day is boxing day and a hard habit to break.

Would you be able to replicate the home made chips is probably the deal breaker for me, and are the drawers decent in size for 4 people to have dinner within reason.
We can do two baskets of chips in around 10 minutes so kids still in the kitchen when the second lot comes out so keeps the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.