AJ Must Improve

as roberto says hes great going forward and scoring but needs to track back when req ,he will have to do that if he wants to be part of the team.tyracking back isnt hard for him he just seems lazy to me

Blue Haze said:
Was it attitude or just a lack of knowledge how to defend? He doesn't seem very athletic either, he relies mostly on technique in attack.

I just don't think he has the tools necessary to defend. Silva's tough as nails and reads the game well, plus he's quick. What defensive qualities does Johnson have?

None thats why Mancini rarely trusts him to start.

Add to that the attitude which is a disgrace at times and there is only one way he is heading

he can only play week in week out in a 4 4 2 which we dont play, he doesnt have it in him to track back and defend, not his fault he just cant do it

he will have to be happy with a lot of sub appearances or try his luck elsewhere, hopefully he will stay as he is our only real winger in the squad

I noticed him. I noticed him standing there instead of getting back which directly led to their second goal today.

should have tracked the runner for their second but just seemed to stop. he's good going forwards but he doesn't offer anything defensively and it will keep costing us

i love aj but thethe problem he has is that theres only room for one traditional winger in mancinis squad. 2 at a push. i honestly think, with the availability of hazard and maybe lavezzi come summer, that aj coud be on his way out

Cant doubt he has got ability, but the second goal they scored , they had the freedom of the pitch down that side, at this level it isnt good enough.

I've been defending Johnson and saying he deserves a start because of his good performances but I'm really disappointed in his attitude. He will hand in a transfer request during either January or the Summer that much I am sure of. He isn't really suited to the way we play but he'd be perfect in a team like Stoke who play 4-4-2 with big guys in the box to cross it to.

You'd think he'd step up the effort with limited time to play in a close game with Capello watching from the stands. I'm disappointed in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.