Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

chris63 said:
Ajax's starting XI tonight cost €4.4M and had 7 academy players & Man City's starting XI cost over €200M.

True that, it's also no shame to lose away against a club like Ajax if you ask me. They are still among the elite in the world if you look at the trophies and their youth system is great.

looking at how badly the english teams having been doing of late, it makes me wonder if 2 completely different systems or styles of play are required for the league and the CL

primemutton said:
looking at how badly the english teams having been doing of late, it makes me wonder if 2 completely different systems or styles of play are required for the league and the CL

I believe our way we play in the Premiership is how we take on Europe.
Mancini keeps ignoring that and chops and changes it, why i haven't got a clue.

waspish said:
conormcfc said:
MCFC BOB said:
We can beat West Brom with a bit of effort because we are superior to them. We are not superior to Ajax on the pitch at all so the belief disappears.

Bollocks.

Real are superior to us, Dortmund possibly. Ajax are not a better football team than us, no chance.

Have to disagree technically each and every one of there players were so comfortable on and Under pressure on the ball than most of ours

Agreed. Ajax were far more superior on the ball. They beat the rags at their place and they could easily do the same at our ground.

OK, it's quarter to three in the morning and I have just arrived home after travelling on Spike's day trip so I am not reading 58 pages. (Sorry)

Basically we didn't have the urgency until the beginning of the second half, we still want to walk the ball into the net and hardly try any long kicks. Ajax were there for the taking tonight and we squandered our chances.

But, as a few people I met at the APH bus stop were saying it's not that long ago we were playing York and Derby in the snow. Let's remember how far we have come and remember we are still building.

ONWARD AND UPWARD WITH THE BOYS IN BLUE.

One teeny, tiny thing though and apologies if someone has mentioned it earlier in the thread: I was definitely NOT HAPPY that only 5 of our players acknowledged us tonight (well ok be pedantic last night) and 3 of them very half heartedly. Joe Hart and Gael Clichy were the only 2 of our players who really thanked us. Joe was brilliant, came over to us, put his hand on his heart and, although you could tell how upset he was he did at least remember the fans.

I'm not of the persuasion that they need to come over to us in the Premier League away games that is a take it or leave it to me but when we have gone all that way, climbed at least 200 stairs, got a bird's eye view of the players and 2/3rds of the pitch after paying £65 for a ticket it is a poor show. Plus being kept in our seats for over half an hour after the match with NO TOILET facilities it is just not on. Sorry.

Right, I might just go to my bed now!!!

primemutton said:

Yep, as good as i think Lescott and Barry are in the league i think they get found out in europe.

Eccles Blue said:
OK, it's quarter to three in the morning and I have just arrived home after travelling on Spike's day trip so I am not reading 58 pages.

One teeny, tiny thing though and apologies if someone has mentioned it earlier in the thread: I was definitely NOT HAPPY that only 5 of our players acknowledged us tonight (well ok be pedantic last night) and 3 of them very half heartedly. Joe Hart and Gael Clichy were the only 2 of our players who really thanked us. Joe was brilliant, came over to us, put his hand on his
-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 pm --

Eccles Blue said:
OK, it's quarter to three in the morning and I have just arrived home after travelling on Spike's day trip so I am not reading 58 pages. (Sorry)

Basically we didn't have the urgency until the beginning of the second half, we still want to walk the ball into the net and hardly try any long kicks. Ajax were there for the taking tonight and we squandered our chances.

But, as a few people I met at the APH bus stop were saying it's not that long ago we were playing York and Derby in the snow. Let's remember how far we have come and remember we are still building.

One teeny, tiny thing though and apologies if someone has mentioned it earlier in the thread: I was definitely NOT HAPPY that only 5 of our players acknowledged us tonight (well ok be pedantic last night) and 3 of them very half heartedly. Joe Hart and Gael Clichy were the only 2 of our players who really thanked us. Joe was brilliant, came over to us, put his hand on his heart and, although you could tell how upset he was he did at least remember the fans.

I'm not of the persuasion that they need to come over to us in the Premier League away games that is a take it or leave it to me but when we have gone all that way, climbed at least 200 stairs, got a bird's eye view of the players and 2/3rds of the pitch after paying £65 for a ticket it is a poor show. Plus being kept in our seats for over half an hour after the match with NO TOILET facilities it is just not on. Sorry.

Right, I might just go to my bed now!!!

That's footballers for you. The only thing that matters are themselves. Couldn't give a crap about us. Joe is the only one that really gets us. His hand on his heart gesture means a lot to me.

Train said:
Our midfield is overrated. Aside from Yaya, none of them are good enough for Europe.
Good point. This was evident in European competition last season. On the transfer forum there was much discussion about midfield options and lots of players were mentioned. Ironically the ones we ended up with were not mentioned once until they bobbed up on the last day of the window.

I am not blaming Mancini for this. His own frustrations were apparent at various press conferences towards the end of the window. I believe he knew what we needed. Until this year Mike Rigg was the player acquisition manager. After he left it is unclear who took over. It seems from the outside that there was a sense of desperation as the window drew to a close.

Our only midfielder on the bench was George Evans, an 18 year old. I think George is a fine young prospect but it says a lot about the current strength of the midfield.

My only other point is the absence of David Silva was profoundly felt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.