Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Hey guys,

I have never commented nor registered till this morning. I have sat back and read the forum since last year when City found themselves playing Bayern Munich last year.

I read the vast majority of your post match discussions and I pay close attention to the matches you lose.

The Champion League is a tad different from the EPL. You can buy a team and go off and win it immediately. You did it last year and Chelsea have done it before too but please give your manager and player time in the Champions league. The players may have been playing in the Champions League for a while but as a team it is new to them. It take time to adjust to the style as lets face it you are playing teams like Bayern, Real, Ajax etc who have a long history and with this comes the experience. These teams are going to dictate the style of play as they have been doing this for a long time. Man City have a fantastic team and your time will come. Cheslea waited a long time but they finally won. You win the Champions league when you are ready. You don'y buy it.

Drop the we were bought by a billionaire therefore we demand immediate glory attitude and therefore gods gift to football.

Give it time then we will see your team in the Final.

It's quite obvious Mancini has absolutely no clue in Europe. I'm not exactly shocked as I raised this point about 2 years ago because Inter were amazingly bad in Europe under him what I am is depressed by what I saw last night it was horrific.

Why do we fuck about with the defence?? - 4 @ the back - I don't like and want 3 there - Clichy's reaction after Lescott was substituted said it all - very worrying

Train said:
Our midfield is overrated. Aside from Yaya, none of them are good enough for Europe.

This is the top and bottom of it. I can't understand why we haven't addressed this. The ACON illustrated it perfectly last year. Big fail on someone's part.

Add to that the average ability of Lescott and the failure to bring in a quality CB and you have it in a nutshell.

£50m spent in the summer on 5 average players when £25m on two quality ones would have done the job.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Train said:
Our midfield is overrated. Aside from Yaya, none of them are good enough for Europe.

This is the top and bottom of it. I can't understand why we haven't addressed this. The ACON illustrated it perfectly last year. Big fail on someone's part.

Add to that the average ability of Lescott and the failure to bring in a quality CB and you have it in a nutshell.

£50m spent in the summer on 5 average players when £25m on two quality ones would have done the job.
I agree with most of this apart from one little thing - Nastasic is, and will grow up to be, quality.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
It's quite obvious Mancini has absolutely no clue in Europe. I'm not exactly shocked as I raised this point about 2 years ago because Inter were amazingly bad in Europe under him what I am is depressed by what I saw last night it was horrific.

I made this post on another thread.

This is probably the best post on this thread ! I keep saying to myself with the way we've been playing we would be lucky to win ANY title this season . The problem with mancini is that he is like an open book and once you've been able to understand his tactics then that's it, Its over . He doesn't have any tactical "element of surprise" . I hate to say this but i don't think we should look into getting more "world class "players rather we should look into the technical department of the club FIRST. Ajax have barely spent 10million in 2 seasons and yet they've been able to defeat a team with "world class "players and endless funds , PSG have spent a reasonable amount and are now a force to be reckoned with in the CL this season and also in the Ligue1 , Can the same be said about the current city squad ? I'm not taking anything away from Mancini but i think its crunch time and if he can't deliver 2 out of 3 trophies this season (either PL +FA cup or PL+Europa) then he WOULD be sacked , This is inevitable .

I think its decision time , Not just for Mancini but for the sheikh and the rest of the board . Its shocking that at this stage Mancini doesn't know if he should play 4-4-2 , 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 , its shocking that he also doesn't know his perfect starting 11 , he doesn't know how to handle spoilt brats like Balotelli who would rather put the team on the line just so he could take a free kick , he keeps giving silly press conferences , after the game yesterday he said MAYBE its his fault because he didn't prepare the players well because sometimes you think this game is different but then this game goes different from planned (WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN ANYWAY !) , The ONLY game i have seen Mancini outsmart his opponent this season was the 3-0 Sunderland game , We have been really lucky in other games and i am surprised we are were we are on the table. Its make a break time for Mancini and the clock is ticking .

Last night's performance:

No pace
No penetration
No pride
No passion

And Barry way off the pace again, however, once we get some clean sheets and consistency (one - nils will do) we should have enough to retain the league.

PS don't let Mica do post match interviews

Until we get the basics right we are going to get punished time and time again. Apart from Ajax first goal the other two were preventable. Give most people at this level a free header from 8 yards in the box and it will result in a goal. And the third - Kolarov should have just hoofed it down the line and Barry should have been awake. IMO it just shows how poor the Premier League is. We can afford to be a bit sloppy against the likes of Fulham, West Brom, Sunderland etc (no disrepect) but teams like Napoli, Ajax, Schalke, etc... will punish us for it. All day listening to TalkSh**e they were saying it will be easy for City - Men against Boys. Well it was. Ajax made us look like schoolboys last night. No fight, No passion. I honestly think the players looked at the group when it was drawn and thought well no one expects us to progress anyway, so we wont bother. Barring a miracle of epic proportions we wont get out of this group. And until we get into POT 1 i can see us struggling every season. Before the start of the Champions League Mancini stated that we had learned our lesson from last season, and so far i havent seen any evidence of it. Even Mr Ferguson said that he had learnt a lesson from last seasons failure to progress, and it certainly shows he has with that lots CL performances this season.

I also dont get the CL rotation policy. How is it that Nastasic is good enough to face the likes of Real Madrid but not Ajax? Why does he not start with Tevez & Aguero - our best strike force IMO. And why does he insist on fucking about with the formation?

Well it leaves us with our own knockout competion already. IF we beat Ajax and Real at home i will have belief it can be done. 3 MASSIVE games for the players to show us fans that they ARE good enough and thay DO want to win the CL.

CTID!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team needs two fast CM/DM's, not much. Modrić(De Rossi,Sahin,Hamsik...)+De Jong(M'Villa...) would do OK against RM, BD, Ajax...Yaya and Silva in front of them would be really good. Bad transfers last summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.