Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

What on earth just happened? I am normally pretty good at analysing what happens in a game, but seriously what just happened? It felt like we were purposely throwing the game! There were some good performances; Clichy, Milner, Richards and Nasri. It almost felt like our big game players were throwing the game; Yaya and Kompany, they were abysmal. And Dzeko once again proved why he doesn't start. (Sorry, had to have a scapegoat.) But seriously, I will admit I am not a fan of Dzeko, but he has started to win me over recently. But after tonight, it is back to square one. He could have had 3-4 goals this evening. He offends me playing in that position.

Cheadle Blue said:
pudge said:
blue underpants said:
IMO hes not
Thanks for that.

But I see more reasons for him to be worried.

I don't think he's on thin ice necessarily, but tonight he just didn't look like he knew how to deal with ajax tactically. i love bobby don't get me wrong, but we looked out of our depth tonight against a poor ajax team, and they are poor by ajax standards
It's his job to get the tactics right and not for the first time this season, he got them horribly wrong.

I love Bobby too, but he's looking more and more out of his depth this season.

Re: Let's all over-react

No point going mental we went one up it didnt stop Ajax playing their game, they got one back and we shit out pants, in the end we deserved nout from that game. Well played Ajax

Re: That's why edin dosent start

Bombo said:
Armaan said:
Bombo said:
Sorry disagree no movement, no strength, no energy and gave the ball away giving us no focal point to attack from.
Your blind. Even my dad who's a rag and uncle who's a dipper said Dzeko played well and was unlucky. I bet you also think if a player doesn't score every game he's shit as well.

I'm not blaming him for our performance just saying he dosent look good when he starts.
On another day Dzeko would have scored at least 2. He played good, was just unlucky with his finishing. You should switch to a different sport mate seriously.

Changing the formation about 8 times in 1 match and constantly moving players around!!!' Grrr mancini is at fault and keeps making the same mistake he really does need to get back to basics, bit late now though ffs roberto

never slagged mancini but he panicked tomight at 2-1, even though tempo at start of second half was better

he insists on playing 2 centre forwards, even going to 5 at the back to accomodate it!

i dont care if one of them is playing wide like aguero at start, he's a forward and you cant rely on him to do the defensive bits

until mancini has the balls to play 1 up top and flood the midfield this will happen again and again

LoveCity said:
Should have spent better in summer, a top midfielder for this level which Barry is not (Mancini wanted De Rossi) and some actual pace and ingenuity (Mancini wanted Hazard) would have improved our team a lot for Europe instead of spending £50million on potential and sideways steps mostly. A composed and creative deep sitting midfielder is important for Europe 9 times out of 10 (the 10th being Chelsea last season when the stars aligned for them).

100 times this!

you know what pisses me off more than anything else...all this fucking about at the back you can predict whats going on...lescott to komps, komps to lescott, lescott to yaya, yaya back to komps, komps back to lescott then hoooooffffffffffffff!!!! that is not football, it isnt tiring teams out its shit to watch. fuck sake city!!
shit performance tonight, they were quicker to every ball, closing down you name it we got fucking humiliated tonight!
massive game on saturday now...

We are good domestically, but just go to shit on the European stage. Dont know why, we have some of the best players in the world. But it's not changing (getting worse if anything) and that's about it really. Should have won in Madrid but crumbled, battered by kids including a Liverpool reject tonight, battered at home by Dortmund. Clueless. But hey ho, CTID!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.