Al-Nassr to be (maybe) invited into the 2024/25 Champions League?

Going against the grain here but I’d actually like to see us play them.We could get old mate back to stamp on that **** again.

I did miss that. If I had seen that back then, I wouldn't have made my earlier post.
I didn’t mean my post to come across as a dig at you Jim. It just amused me that we’ve get the wailing and gnashing of teeth from posters at the mere suggestion when UEFA themselves have already said it won’t happen. Some on here would have a whine about UEFA no matter what.

I didn’t mean my post to come across as a dig at you Jim. It just amused me that we’ve get the wailing and gnashing of teeth from posters at the mere suggestion when UEFA themselves have already said it won’t happen. Some on here would have a whine about UEFA no matter what.
Even a liar tells the truth now and again, UEFA may sometimes have policies that are credible but they are a completely corrupt organisation just like FIFA, always trying to monetise their position with no regard for the welfare of Clubs, Players and more importantly Supporters, they’re a bunch of twats.

Even a liar tells the truth now and again, UEFA may sometimes have policies that are credible but they are a completely corrupt organisation just like FIFA, always trying to monetise their position with no regard for the welfare of Clubs, Players and more importantly Supporters, they’re a bunch of twats.
I’m not disputing that. I’m merely pointing out that a number of posters are moaning about the prospect of something that UEFA have said isn’t going to happen.

We know the idea is made-up bollocks and here are some additional thoughts to consider:

UEFA will make a billion more from the CL next season due to the change in format, according to several newspapers.
They don't need Saudi money at the moment but it wouldn't surprise me if they moved the Super Cup there as a one-off.
However, UEFA is the strongest cofederation within FIFA and it would cause too many ripples if they upset the Asian confederation. In addition FIFA have taken stick from environmentalists for the 2030 WC schedule and UEFA won't want the same stick for playing games even further away from western Europe where the CL and Europa Cup winners are likely to reside.
Finally, UEFA know the Super League may have come into contact with garlic, crosses and daylight, but it's not quite dead yet. The courts may drive a stake through the SL heart next month, but UEFA won't do anything rash until it's dead and buried. - I was going to add "Unless it involves money for the history boys" but there are far more clubs in UEFA than the history boys and many countries within UEFA have no "history boy" clubs.

I stand by my right to whinge and slag off UEFA at any given point on any given subject even if on the very odd occasion they don’t deserve it.

Cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.