Alan Green - Hate Him or Love Him?

Evidently there's someone else on 5 Live who can't stand him ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7V9FY7DnXA[/youtube]

baildon blue said:
Swales lives said:
Don't hate him, but he is a prize cock. Macclesfield fan my arse - lying c*nt.
I heard he loves Liverpool fc

There's always been rumours of him having a season ticket at Anfield, but I've heard him say that he supports Macc. I don't believe the c*nt, he's just trying to score a few "I follow real football, not this Hollywood showbiz Premier stuff" points. Anyway whoever he supports, he's still a fuckin' arsewipe.

steve4666 said:
A total c..t of a bloke. Never rated the bloke since his 'champions league, your having a laugh' comment. No need for it, he's paid to provide commentary on what he sees, not his personal opinion. Like lawrenson last night, when some tool said the city players looked overweight, and he chipped in with 'they must have eaten their pay-packets'. Uncalled for, childish and jealous nonsense. And to think, we pay for idiots like these two!

This , Steve
I can get bitter crap like that down at any pub for free
They just make fools of themselves with that level of infantile biased crap

What I find baffling, leaving aside all the bias and his anti-City stance, is that he can't actually commentate on a game properly. Being on radio you would think a commentator has to have a clear, easily understood voice. Whenever I hear Green I find it difficult to make out what he is saying such is the mix of his strong accent and overquick vocal delivery when the game reaches an exciting moment. Can never understand why the BBC gives him such prominence given the other numerous other commentators they have.

True story.

A couple of years ago I had the misfortune to bump into him shopping with his missus at Handforth Dean M & S.

What a grumpy , moaning twat of man he appears.
He was following his wife along the food aisles openly moaning about something like Kevin the teenager.
She was obviously very used to this juvenile behaviour as she completely ignored him.
She popped round the end of one of the displays and he walked straight into the path of a middle aged women shopper on a mission and her trolley twatted him right on the shin bone.

Funny as fuck.
It hurt him too.

good old Karma alive and well .

PinkFinal said:
Evidently there's someone else on 5 Live who can't stand him ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7V9FY7DnXA[/youtube]

Graham Taylor too.

CHARLES SALE: Home truths from Graham Taylor anger Alan Green

There has been yet another fall-out between 5 Live's maverick football commentator Alan Green and one of his colleagues - this time former England manager Graham Taylor.

The bust-up occurred during the Kazakhstan World Cup qualifier when Taylor, who has become a popular and respected member of the England media corps, was working alongside Green on the match coverage.

Green made an outlandish comment about wanting 'to shoot' those taking part in a Mexican wave in the stadium to which Taylor retorted, understandably: 'Sometimes you do say stupid things.' Afterwards Green admonished Taylor: 'Never, never call me stupid on air again.

This provoked Taylor to tell Green - not before time - a few home truths about the way he treats fellow 5 Live team members. But having got that off his chest, Taylor offered a hand of friendship the following day, which was not accepted - sparking another Taylor managerial hairdryer in Green's direction.

Since then Taylor and his agent have had words with the 5 Live management about the former Watford and Aston Villa boss greatly enjoying his 5 Live work but just not needing the sort of confrontation he had had with Green, who last season refused to travel on the same plane as 5 Live presenter Mark Saggers - now working for talkSPORT.

Both Taylor and Green will be part of the 5 Live team at Wembley tonight for the World Cup qualifier against Croatia - but it's guaranteed any dialogue between them on air will be minimal.

A spokesperson for 5 Live, who have consistently turned a blind eye to Green controversies because he's always been an outstanding commentator, said: 'There is no problem between Alan Green and Graham Taylor, who work regularly and happily together.'

I remember Joe Royle when he was manager at City, saying he knew for a fact that Green wasn't liked by anybody at 5 Live. So nothings changed.

I enjoy his hosting of 606 on the drive home from the game but his commentating is awful - miserable, moaning and fundamentally negative. He is jaded and incapable of spotting the fun, humour and joy when it comes to football - and replaces these with cynicism.

1961_vintage said:
I enjoy his hosting of 606 on the drive home from the game but his commentating is awful - miserable, moaning and fundamentally negative. He is jaded and incapable of spotting the fun, humour and joy when it comes to football - and replaces these with cynicism.
i've stopped listening to 606 when he's on

1961_vintage said:

Spot on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.