Alan Green leaving the BBC

My son, who played 14 years in the MLS, is now the color commentator for Atlanta United. When Green came over here to broadcast their inaugural season he was teamed with my son. I'll grant you, the MLS doesn't hold a candle to the PL, but listening to some of the bullshit that this guy said on air and to my son privately about the inadequacies of the MLS and my kid about playing styles and the constant put downs of what he was being paid handsomely to comment on twisted my balls in a knot. Needless to say, he was unceremoniously sent back home to comment on his sacred scousers. I was lucky? enough to meet him twice and both times my son had to step in between us, knowing that I was ready to punch his lights out; once for commenting about my son's talent, and once questioning how in God's name I could possibly support City.
He can go screw himself and I hope he rots in a scouse hell.
Sorry to all bluemooers for my rant.

No apology needed mate. As you can probably tell by the number of likes!

Who is Allan Green (LOL)?

Alan Green is a bitter, nasty little man that's been ruining BBC commentaries for years.

Fucking delighted they finally given him the boot, hes not been fit for purpose for a while.

I think VAR/ refereeing is what killed him, he cannot grasp it at all and just goes off on massive rants even when it does something pretty good. Hes portrayed himself as this old school "better in my day" prick and after a while it's just boring.

Ian Dennis, Alistair Bruce Ball and Connor McNamara are all simply better at commentating.

Last edited:
"Commentary" these days is probably 75% spouting on about a previous game. Very little is commentary about what is happening.

Let the pictures speak for themselves, the commentary should be adding detail, pointing out things that can't easily be seen on TV.

On the radio it's got to be more descriptive but still about the actual game.

How many times in the Derby did Tyler say that city's goal in the league cup was from a corner they shouldn't have been given? It was nothing to do with the Derby but after 3 or 4 times in 10 minutes I noticed it.

They aren't commentators any more ... They're self appointed opinionators.

Alan Green, goodbye, good riddance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.