Alan Green leaving the BBC

Just read this career obituary by Henry Winter in the Times - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...e-respect-it-s-all-about-banter-now-80jh3ccxz

Honestly what a sad, sad little man Green comes across as. It's just a sequence of stories about how the guy who commentated with him for 25 years didn't even mention him in his biography and he doesn't know why, Allardyce and Ferguson banned him and he doesn't know why, Radio 5 aren't going to give him a big send off and he doesn't know why. The executives think he doesn't fit the profile anymore, but he doesn't know why.

The reason is because you're a fucking miserable, embittered twat!

If he wasn't such a detestable man, I'd feel sorry for him, he clearly has no self-awareness and doesn't realised that the "telling it straight" schtick he thinks he's been peddling for 40 years is just being a miserable bastard. People don't want to listen to someone who sounds like being at the game is a massive personal burden.

Last edited:
Just read this career obituary by Henry Winter in the Times - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...e-respect-it-s-all-about-banter-now-80jh3ccxz

Honestly what a sad, sad little man Green comes across as. It's just a sequence of stories about how the guy who commentated with him for 25 years didn't even mention him in his biography and he doesn't know why, Allardyce and Ferguson banned him and he doesn't know why, Radio 5 aren't going to give him a big send off and he doesn't know why. The executives think he doesn't fit the profile anymore, but he doesn't know why.

It reminds me of a pearl of wisdom from one of my previous bosses: "If you don't know who the c*nt is in the room, it's probably you".

I wish I was fortunate enough to have to ask who he is. Sadly, like many of us, I've had to put up with his boorish, self-important Irish brogue for so long that it's embedded in my subconscious mind - and probably will be forever.

Any City fan who has never heard of Alan Green, you have no idea how much I envy you.

Thank God for that. Thought he would never leave like that other Irish tw@. Might go back to listening to BBC commentary.

If he wasn't such a detestable man, I'd feel sorry for him, he clearly has no self-awareness and doesn't realised that the "telling it straight" schtick he thinks he's been peddling for 40 years is just being a miserable bastard. People don't want to listen to someone who sounds like being at the game is a massive personal burden.
If I could like this 1000 times, I would have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.