Alan Sugar

The tweet is proof positive is it not?
Nope. There is a little thing called mens rea. You have to show his intention was racist. I dont believe it was, but i still think he should not have posted it, but been aware of the likely reaction. What baffles me about him, is he did this at a time when anti semitism is front page news, Has he been subjected to it?

Are you seriously that dumb?

Alan Sugar is of an age where all this crap he spouted was 'alright to say'.

He, also, probably, didn't count on his casual/ overt racist 1970's 'joke' being seriously out-of-date.

I wouldn't class him as racist, but his 'casual' throw away 'humour' was and is of it's time.

It doesn't belong.
AGEISM!

Wonder how Bernard mannings career would fare these days if he were still alive?

His career was already dead before he was because he exposed himself as an ignorant racist on Mrs Merton.

I bet he's still got a few fans on this thread and the Trump and Brexit ones, though.

Nope. There is a little thing called mens rea. You have to show his intention was racist. I dont believe it was, but i still think he should not have posted it, but been aware of the likely reaction. What baffles me about him, is he did this at a time when anti semitism is front page news, Has he been subjected to it?
Interesting.

His career was already dead before he was because he exposed himself as an ignorant racist on Mrs Merton.

I bet he's still got a few fans on this thread and the Trump and Brexit ones, though.

Anyone voting Brexit or thinking Trump may not be as bad as is painted must like Bernard Manning's humour.

Ok.

Ffs.
Maybe you should take your own advice and say something about the thread topic instead of wading in with insults.
?

Alan Sugar is a wanker. He almost certainly isn't a racist. His joke was mildly offensive and ill advised.

Anyone feigning offence at this should be ashamed of themselves.
They are the type of people who have created the febrile environment we operate in; where debate is shut down by shouting "Racist!".

It's easier to imply someone is a racist than to debate issues relating to sovereignty and the economy in the Brexit thread for example.
We need to defend and protect freedom of speech, we mustn't let the 'liberals' close down our ability to offend and insult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.