Albert Rusnak

Nelly's Left Foot said:
I would agree with most of what's been said but not that he is a pacey winger. He might often played wide right but he isn't a winger and he is not a really quick player.Decent pace but not fast. Really good feet though and definitely an eye for goal.

A more tenacious Nasri?

FantasyIreland said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
I would agree with most of what's been said but not that he is a pacey winger. He might often played wide right but he isn't a winger and he is not a really quick player.Decent pace but not fast. Really good feet though and definitely an eye for goal.

A more tenacious Nasri?

From the few appearances I have seen of him that would be a fairly close description of his play style. He will take on his man more often than Nasri but I guess this is easier when playing vs other young players who maybe arn't as good at tackling as first team players.

I think he has a decent future ahead of him if he continues progressing as he is, this loan spell should do him good.

Here's young Albert nutmegging a camel at the Emirates Palace a couple of years ago!

<a class="postlink" href="http://ecademy.mcfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ecademy.mcfc.co.uk/</a>

sjk2008 said:
Speaking with @viewfromablue, he tells me he's a tricky, pacy right winger. I didn't really think we needed a right winger tbh, more a CM or #10 kind of player as a direct replacement for Jose Baxter.

Seems we've got Rusnak on loan til January and hopefully, providing we look after him and he does well, we'll either extend it or loan someone else from you.

So, tell me......what's this kid like?

I saw him at the Etihad last week and he's much more than a winger. He's more that capable of operating in the number 10 role. I reckon that'll be his best position eventually as he has a real eye for a pass. Much of his good work against Everton was done from a central position as well and what struck me was his desire for the ball. I thought he ran the game in the first half but then Everton put all men behind the ball in the second and we struggled to find him. I like his confident body language on the ball too!

He did an interview a while ago on the OS and his English for a young lad not long over from Slovakia was superb.

Albert looks to play 'proper' football

New loan signing Albert Rusnak is looking forward to playing 'proper' football with Latics.

The 19-year-old midfield man admits life in Sky Bet League 1 will be a different ball game to playing for Manchester City's under-21's in the Elite Development Squad.

Rusnak, who is now stranger to Boundary Park having played at the ground several times for City, said: "I am excited to have the chance to play in front of a crowd and feature in proper games.

"Hopefully I will get the opportunity to play and it is one I want to take and gain experience of playing League football."

Rusnak was aware Latics' manager Lee Johnson watched him on Bank Holiday Monday when he scored twice for City under-21's in a 3-0 victory against Everton.

And he says he jumped at the chance of the loan move which runs to January 5th.

Rusnak, whose father was a former player and Slovakian under-21 international, continued: "I discussed the loan with my dad and he agreed it is a good step for my career.

"The good thing about having had a dad who has been a footballer is that he can advise you about football, both the good and bad things."

Rusnak signed for City at the age of 13 when his whole family relocated to Manchester to support him. They have since moved back to Slovakia.

He came through the Academy to become a professional and feature regularly in the EDS side.

Rusnak made his debut for the first team in the end-of-season tour game in St Louis, America against Chelsea.

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130830-rusnakinterview-1024833.aspx#8xIAum5zOS8ITBJB.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/ar ... S8ITBJB.99</a>

FantasyIreland said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

A more tenacious Nasri?

Don't think you're too far away FI....I was going to post 'a braver Nasri'.

Hope it goes well for the lad.

One of our big five EDS lads who are most likely to break through along with Rekik, Gudetti, Lopes & Pozo. Also got hopes for Fofarna.

blue b4 the moon said:
One of our big five EDS lads who are most likely to break through along with Rekik, Gudetti, Lopes & Pozo. Also got hopes for Fofarna.
Fofana's a beast but a very, very rough diamond at the moment. If he gets the right coaching and help, he is going to be one fucking hell of a player. Absolute monster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.