Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Drink is a huge issue in this country. I did two weeks off last December but couldn't bloody sleep! The whole culture is about alcohol whatever your age.

At Sainsbury’s you can get 18 cans of Stella for £16 other supermarkets as well, £1 pound odd a can, no wonder liver disease is on the increase

Well it's good to know that the FA are doing their bit to discourage alcohol consumption -
£5.50 for a can of Boddies in Wembley yesterday.
Doing their bit for obesity too, at £7.00 for a hot dog.

Doing their bit for obesity too, at £7.00 for a hot dog.
A carbohydrate addict would disagree as the smell alone would be enough to draw you to your knees in undulating homage. However only order two portions of chips to negate the auntie. "Moderato"

A carbohydrate addict would disagree as the smell alone would be enough to draw you to your knees in undulating homage. However only order two portions of chips to negate the auntie. "Moderato"

I wish I could moderate. I suffer from what I call the Hydra Affliction - if I have one, i'm having two. If I have two, i'm having four. If I have four.....you get the picture

Drink is a huge issue in this country. I did two weeks off last December but couldn't bloody sleep! The whole culture is about alcohol whatever your age.
When you drink to any excess you dont really sleep, not in the true sense anyway. Your body is trying to mend itself, dealing with the toxins and stresses alcohol puts on our organs. It doesn't get chance to recover, hence the health issues it always causes.
After quitting, the body goes into a kind of shock stage, it doesn't know what's going on, and it doesn't like it, not one bit. It fights you, telling you it needs some alcohol. Feed me and i'll shut up, i'll let you sleep, you'll feel good I promise.
This is the one time you dont listen to your body, you tell that voice to fuck off, you do the sleepless nights and the sweaty days, you drink 4 litres of water a day. You eat fruit, you eat cake, whatever. You dont have a drink though. 3 weeks later you have the best nights sleep you"ve had for years. You sleep like a baby and you wake up feeling fantastic. This continues and not having a drink is a small price to pay for how good you feel. People can talk to you at work before 10 am, you're actually cheerful instead of the miserable **** you were when you drank. Life looks, feels, tastes and smells better.
You may have a wobble, but that will just make you stronger, more determined to beat it on your terms. At least an ambulance wont have to come, or a friend wont find you dead on the sofa. Your friends and family want you to live for as long as is humanly possible, because they love you.
Life is so so short, drink will make it shorter if we let it.
P.s. this wasn't aimed at you westy, just needed a vent.

When you drink to any excess you dont really sleep, not in the true sense anyway. Your body is trying to mend itself, dealing with the toxins and stresses alcohol puts on our organs. It doesn't get chance to recover, hence the health issues it always causes.
After quitting, the body goes into a kind of shock stage, it doesn't know what's going on, and it doesn't like it, not one bit. It fights you, telling you it needs some alcohol. Feed me and i'll shut up, i'll let you sleep, you'll feel good I promise.
This is the one time you dont listen to your body, you tell that voice to fuck off, you do the sleepless nights and the sweaty days, you drink 4 litres of water a day. You eat fruit, you eat cake, whatever. You dont have a drink though. 3 weeks later you have the best nights sleep you"ve had for years. You sleep like a baby and you wake up feeling fantastic. This continues and not having a drink is a small price to pay for how good you feel. People can talk to you at work before 10 am, you're actually cheerful instead of the miserable **** you were when you drank. Life looks, feels, tastes and smells better.
You may have a wobble, but that will just make you stronger, more determined to beat it on your terms. At least an ambulance wont have to come, or a friend wont find you dead on the sofa. Your friends and family want you to live for as long as is humanly possible, because they love you.
Life is so so short, drink will make it shorter if we let it.
P.s. this wasn't aimed at you westy, just needed a vent.
What a superb post mate

What a superb post mate
Thank you.
I find it so hard to talk about my own problems, and I know there are people out there with far worse.
I originally started this thread to encourage people to share and discuss, come on and have a rant or a moan, etc.
I"m in no position to offer advice, but just reading all the posts on here has helped me a lot.
Thanks again bud

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.