Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

We should create a thread for Dry January. I’m looking forward to doing it (well attempting it anyway).
I did it for the first time this year and I felt so much better for it.

Was never a big drinker but it certainly helped me cut down throughout the year, and I find I opt for better quality beers now but less frequently.

I need help stopping the drink just looking for some inspiration because its hitting me hard at the moment

Disulfiram(Antabuse) Just been watching the mercenary attack on Pablo Escobar. Led by former SAS Peter McAleese. His lads were partial to a drink, so he administered the above medication. Apparently makes you sick when taking alcohol. Prescribed by your GP. I always found a few pints of iced water helps. All the best.

I need help stopping the drink just looking for some inspiration because its hitting me hard at the moment
It’s hard pal. I’m having a dry January and February and I nearly had a wobble tonight. Really fancied a pint in my local on my way back from the Co-Op. It was close call.

Why are you looking to stop?

Good alcohol free lagers, anyone? I want to cut down but still drink a nice drink. I’m staying in to watch boxing tomorrow.

It’s hard pal. I’m having a dry January and February and I nearly had a wobble tonight. Really fancied a pint in my local on my way back from the Co-Op. It was close call.

Why are you looking to stop?
Everytime I drink now I have 5 guinnesses or so and I can't stop, more embarrassing news tonight I'm barred from my 2 favourite locals and i haven't a clue what I've done. I go into a dream state when drinking. It's hard to describe tbh I don't drink everyday I should add that In there. Got a daughter whoes 8 months old and it's edgy with the Mrs now especially after I told her I'm barred from our locals. Just feel like a complete tit tbh.

Last edited:
Disulfiram(Antabuse) Just been watching the mercenary attack on Pablo Escobar. Led by former SAS Peter McAleese. His lads were partial to a drink, so he administered the above medication. Apparently makes you sick when taking alcohol. Prescribed by your GP. I always found a few pints of iced water helps. All the best.

I’ve seen people have similar implants for opioid & alcohol addiction, in my opinion it deals with the physical & not the mental but helps the initial detox & withdrawal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.