Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I think sometimes people try to rationalise stopping or overthink on how they're going to achieve it. Used to work in substance misuse and maybe that helped me and gave me a better insight. Some people can never be moderate or social drinkers and that's a hard life change to accept. So they look at ways to continue drinking
Nor do you have to reach rock bottom ( whatever that may be) as again that is a difficult place to pick yourself up from to many. If is affecting your family life or work then I'd say it's an issue. But it's all subjective and people need different support tailored to the individual. Haven't drunk alcohol since early October for physical reasons, tried an alcohol free stout in a bar and you'd hardly tell the difference. May not be for everyone but for me there are some decent non alcohol alternatives out there
I've thought about these o.o beers but decided I don't want the taste in my mouth again ,it was never about the taste with me it was the effect .
I get for someone trying to quit it may be a way forward but it's not something I'd want to try myself.

I've thought about these o.o beers but decided I don't want the taste in my mouth again ,it was never about the taste with me it was the effect .
I get for someone trying to quit it may be a way forward but it's not something I'd want to try myself.
I get that, for me i only had a few as I was out socially with mates. I can go without alcohol quite easily anyway especially when abroad. Here there still appears to be more emphasis on drinking alcohol when out. As someone of a certain age the hangovers got worse and took longer to recover from

Everytime I drink now I have 5 guinnesses or so and I can't stop, more embarrassing news tonight I'm barred from my 2 favourite locals and i haven't a clue what I've done. I go into a dream state when drinking. It's hard to describe tbh I don't drink everyday I should add that In there. Got a daughter whoes 8 months old and it's edgy with the Mrs now especially after I told her I'm barred from our locals. Just feel like a complete tit tbh.
Sounds like you would really benefit from taking some time off the booze. Its a lifestyle / mindset change as much as anything. People don't realise how much they shape their lives around having a drink.

Hope all goes well.

Stopped drinking first week of December following a very boozy all day session.

I had been thinking about it for a while as I’m getting on a bit now and was getting hangovers even after a couple of pints.

So far it’s been easy. There’s a good selection of alcohol free drinks which are perfect for most situations, it’s only the full on benders with mates that I’ve dipped out of.

Feel great, lost some weight and more active. Win, win !

0.0s are good when at social gatherings, and you can't stomach diet coke any more. I had some Guinness 0.0 for the first time this xmas and really enjoyed them. Same black stuff taste and the first can tricked my brain a little and got me giddy.

I've been trying to cut down for a while. As someone mentioned, the hangovers get worse with age.
Since I started using full spectrum CBD sublingually I have much more control over my drinking behaviour.
I drink slower and less. I haven't stopped completely but it seems many people using CBD gradually just lose interest.
In case you don't know CBD is a cannabinoid that exists alongside THC in the cannabis plant. But it's not psychoactive.
Anyway just thought I'd put that out there.

Just coming to the end of dry January I was drinking beers, red wines, whisky and g&t 7 nights a week just cos I could, never any hangovers but I knew it wasn’t doing me any good. So tonight at the game I’m having a hot drink and see how I go in February.

Just coming to the end of dry January I was drinking beers, red wines, whisky and g&t 7 nights a week just cos I could, never any hangovers but I knew it wasn’t doing me any good. So tonight at the game I’m having a hot drink and see how I go in February.
A hot toddy?

100 days today sober. Feel so much better and healthier. The depression has lifted and things that used to stress me out no longer do. It was, and is tough I won’t lie, but being switched back on after 40 years of heavy drinking is worth it. I find that using the mantra “one day at a time” really helps.
It gets easier but never gets easy…….440 days for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.