Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Luckily for me I'd rather have a decent cup of coffee these days.
Went into Tim's place today as the price of a good brew has become nothing short of the ridiculous in town centres. Nearly six pounds for two cappo's or lattes is taking the proverbial piss.

We stayed in there for way over the hour and we had 2 specialty coffees and two hot chocolate for only pennies. That's six brews in total for the agreeable price of £2.40 and although machine driven we found them to be of exceptional quality.

Last edited:
Day 38. Just had an ultrasound scan of the old liver and they say it's a bit fatty but no other complications.

Had my first counselling session and although she said I'm doing well, it's going to get more difficult in the future.

The biggest test so far is when I go back to attending matches. Fuck knows how I'm going to cope with abstaining when normally I'm ratarsed, as are the friends I meet up with.

Day 38. Just had an ultrasound scan of the old liver and they say it's a bit fatty but no other complications.

Had my first counselling session and although she said I'm doing well, it's going to get more difficult in the future.

The biggest test so far is when I go back to attending matches. Fuck knows how I'm going to cope with abstaining when normally I'm ratarsed, as are the friends I meet up with.
Well done so far ,I think I'm on year 9 or 10 now ,for me it gets easier but never let your guard down ,many things in life you have no control over but shovelling poison down your neck you do ,you will probably think when you see your mates ratarsed shit was I that pathetic,
Good luck bud ,no half measures if you want it enough you can do it ,weigh up what you have to loose against what you have to gain it's a no brainer :+)

I’ve now decided to knock it on the head. The wife is getting fed up with me being bladdered so often and it’s now becoming midweek now I’m not working.

I am going sober indefinitely.

How did you get over the first few weekends mate?

I’ve now decided to knock it on the head. The wife is getting fed up with me being bladdered so often and it’s now becoming midweek now I’m not working.

As I drank as much as I could every day, weekends were irrelevant. If I had a few days off, I would be over 40 units per day.

After taking the decision to stop, I used the positivity of my intention as a shield against the temptation of alcohol, if that makes any sense.

As I said above, the real test will come when I attend my next match.

well done fella.

Trust me the no drinking at football gets easier.

Shame city don't sell the 0% stuff (at least in the CB stand)

A brew or bovril is always a great alternative for me

As I drank as much as I could every day, weekends were irrelevant. If I had a few days off, I would be over 40 units per day.

After taking the decision to stop, I used the positivity of my intention as a shield against the temptation of alcohol, if that makes any sense.

sounds like you made the correct decision if that’s how much you were getting through pal. happy to hear you’re doing well.

Mine is 2-3 times a week I am too drunk and then I don’t want to do anything the following day, which is making most of the week a right off.

Would just like to add the thought of paying £5 £6 a pint I know find insane and funny in equal measure ,10 years ago I wouldn't of blinked at it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.