Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

72 days and still not had a drink. Big test coming as I've agreed to meet my friends at the pub before the match next Saturday. I haven't yet told them I'm not drinking.

This will be the first match I've been sober attending since the early seventies when I was underage and looked it!
My 2 pence-worth?

Be pro-active and tell your mates in advance of your 72 day sobriety (which is fucking outstanding I may add), only an absolute twat is going to be looking to de-rail that sort of effort.

Keep going matey - brilliant!!!!!!

72 days and still not had a drink. Big test coming as I've agreed to meet my friends at the pub before the match next Saturday. I haven't yet told them I'm not drinking.

This will be the first match I've been sober attending since the early seventies when I was underage and looked it!
Well done bud ,I enjoy watching people acting like dicks,and think was that me ?
The thoughts of £5 a pint oh my god ,for perspective we were due to go to Malta today at £6.80 return :+)
Had some great adventures and experience with alcohol wouldn't tell anyone to give it up but when it starts to take control of you and you need more of it to get back to life's normal setting it's time to stop.
I was genuinely suprised how easy it was to stop from 10 pints a day to nothing ,but you have got to really want it ,I found the idea of losing everything did the trick

Well done bud ,I enjoy watching people acting like dicks,and think was that me ?
The thoughts of £5 a pint oh my god ,for perspective we were due to go to Malta today at £6.80 return :+)
Had some great adventures and experience with alcohol wouldn't tell anyone to give it up but when it starts to take control of you and you need more of it to get back to life's normal setting it's time to stop.
I was genuinely suprised how easy it was to stop from 10 pints a day to nothing ,but you have got to really want it ,I found the idea of losing everything did the trick
That's a great perspective, bud.

Glad to hear.

That's fucking ace, mate. When I'm with friends that are drinking, I just remind myself how good it is to be sober and not have to face hangovers any more. I image puking when alcohol comes into my mind. Makes you feel averse to it. haha. works for me, anyway.

That's fucking ace, mate. When I'm with friends that are drinking, I just remind myself how good it is to be sober and not have to face hangovers any more. I image puking when alcohol comes into my mind. Makes you feel averse to it. haha. works for me, anyway.
It's still early for me. I'm annoyed at the fact I can't drink alcohol. I miss it so much. Forty-five years of daily drinking is a big habit to kick. :(

It's still early for me. I'm annoyed at the fact I can't drink alcohol. I miss it so much. Forty-five years of daily drinking is a big habit to kick. :(
If you really want to do it, you have to accept that you can never drink again. You've done it. You've been there, done that, and you've drunk as much as you can. You and alcohol are not a thing any more. Some things in life we have to sacrifice, mate. All for the better, too.
It's a fresh start. You may get doubts and hurdles along the way...jump them. Deal with them when you get to them. Don't fall at the first one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.