Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a positive from tonight it's that he should now be ahead of fernando in the same way kelechi pushed bony out.

Sorry but that's crap.

Navas absolutely dominated luke shaw tonight and produced 3 or 4 fantastic crosses we should have scored from - the reason he did that is because Garcia consistently delivered great, early passes for him to run onto at pace.

The reason we created nothing is because we played basically 442 against 433 and they always had numbers in midfield. Garcia was asked to the job of several players because Fernando wasn't helping in attack and Nolito was far too high up to help in midfield. The only real options he had to start attacks was to spread play to the wings to create opportunities and space which he did very well with Navas and couldn't do with Sané because he was having a poor game.

Calling him "the fundamental reason we created so little" is absolutely laughable.

But I did not call him 'the fundamental reason' which shows your great at spouting an opinion but not very good at reading one. That is what is laughable.

He was 'a fundamental reason' along with the poor performance of Sane, Kelechi becoming more withdrawn in the game etc and Sane or Kelechi not finding the pockets of space in between the lines.

There was a lack of incisiveness to his play at times and yes Navas did give shaw a roasting first half, but that was based upon him being courageous and beating his man not the pass to him by Garcia which was never inside the full back but in front of the player.

He was neat and tidy and he did switch play well but there was too few balls inside the full backs, into the forwards feet etc. Not his fault, as I stated, but with Fernando as the anchor, the creativity fell at his feet which was two big an ask to fill the shoes of a Gundogan, Silva, KDB. You might think its crap but many have commented on the conservative use of the ball. Still much to look forward too and hopefully we may see him alongside a silva or KDB where the onus is not primarily on his shoulders to provide the final pass to release the front 3/4.

Last edited:
Meh, people looking for negatives that aren't there. A fantastic performance and really encouraging to see him asking for the ball so often. Great vision, great decision making and great technique.

I'd have him over one of Silva or Gundogan at the weekend.

Good performance,not great as some are making out mind,passed the ball backwards and sideways more than he did forward,and at 1-0 down late on,that is not a great idea,but definitely one for the future,may see him in January in the FA Cup,but that will be about it for this season

Has the passing range, the eye for pass and the execution. What he doesn't have for me is that belief to dictate a game from advanced positions. It's ok doing a 'Carrick' and getting the ball and moving it, albeit it very well, like he did last night. He needs to develop the attacking part of his game and carry the ball forward and create more. He classes himself as a defensive midfielder but I don't see a Fernandinho in him that will chase and win the ball, I see him more of a Gundogan type that can play as a Free 8. Heir to David Silva? Huge boots to fill but I think he has it in him.

Decent performance. Went missing in the middle of the game for a long stretch but decent.

Good performance,not great as some are making out mind,passed the ball backwards and sideways more than he did forward,and at 1-0 down late on,that is not a great idea,but definitely one for the future,may see him in January in the FA Cup,but that will be about it for this season

Agree with these comments....felt he slowed the play down too often (sometimes picking the backward pass over being more direct) but his passing and control were excellent....will only get better!

there were some phases in the second half when he got on the ball 10/11 times in a move waiting for a ball forward. United were well organised and the direct ball to Kelechi wasn't on and we couldn't get the diagonals going. He did the right thing playing one/twos trying to draw them out. They were well drilled.

The only problem playing him week in week out is the physicality. He is another midget. We need some power somewhere in midfield. Dinho gives us a bit but he can't play 60 games a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.