Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I saw him last year in a few games I din't think he could cut it, but yesterday he seemed so similar to how Gundogan plays.

He has such a good first touch and was consistent with precise, well weighted balls. As someone relatively new to football (7 years about) i always assumed his best traits were the ones you 'learn' after years based on what you normally see in young Premier League talent.

when I saw him last year in a few games I din't think he could cut it, but yesterday he seemed so similar to how Gundogan plays.

Completely agree - he made great time and space on the ball which is no mean feat when you've got ole big nose and the £100m haircut trying to take you out. Put into the context of it being away at the swamp after they'd been tonked 4-0 and in their FA Cup final, he had a superb game. He's definitely suited to the team and will slot in easily when needed, as will Maffeo

He's much more of a pivot than an interior so to speak. If he bulks up a bit he could be a very good player for us. I think he is a better starting option than Fernando.

Fernando's only effective role is coming off the bench to help us see out games in my opinion.

there were some phases in the second half when he got on the ball 10/11 times in a move waiting for a ball forward. United were well organised and the direct ball to Kelechi wasn't on and we couldn't get the diagonals going. He did the right thing playing one/twos trying to draw them out. They were well drilled.

The only problem playing him week in week out is the physicality. He is another midget. We need some power somewhere in midfield. Dinho gives us a bit but he can't play 60 games a year.

Yeah, I see a few complaints about passing sideways/backwards - well he didn't have much of a choice when the forwards weren't doing much, or making runs. Aimless "direct" balls forwards would have just been giving the ball away.

Instead he did what Pep wants and moved it quickly from side to side hoping for United to lose their shape and provide an opening - it didn't happen because Mourinho drilled them well.

Has the passing range, the eye for pass and the execution. What he doesn't have for me is that belief to dictate a game from advanced positions. It's ok doing a 'Carrick' and getting the ball and moving it, albeit it very well, like he did last night. He needs to develop the attacking part of his game and carry the ball forward and create more. He classes himself as a defensive midfielder but I don't see a Fernandinho in him that will chase and win the ball, I see him more of a Gundogan type that can play as a Free 8. Heir to David Silva? Huge boots to fill but I think he has it in him.

Pep's defensive midfielders aren't supposed to be like Fernandinho - he's playing there because we've got no one else. Busquets doesn't race around like Fernandinho, nor did Lahm, nor does Alonso. He will need to read the game brilliantly and apply the press at the right moments, and make tackles obviously, but not chase around like Fern does.

Also - It's not surprising we saw little of his defensive game last night considering he was played next to Fernando - who was obviously there to shield the defence and do the chasing - which he did well enough.

Pep referred to him as a defensive midfielder after the Swansea game so I think it's fair to assume he sees him as a defensive midfielder.

Very tidy player, but one who can't quite see that final killer ball yet. Would love to see him in a midfield alongside Fernandinho and Silva or Gundogan rather than next to Fernando. Would give Fernandinho the freedom to play a little further forward.

Lets send him to Twente to get some games.

He should be on the bench instead of Fernando not out on loan - he has shown in two league cup games Swansea away and Rags away and in IMO was City's MOTM so is ready. If he can play well alongside Fernando then he should be even better alongside fernandinho / Gundagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.