Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep banging the drum that's he's a better fit for our system than Fernando. If Yaya or Diniho play he's a better option in the diamond.
Unfair comparison. Fernando won't get you ten assists in a full season, but ask Aleix García to keep tabs on Ozil for a game and you'll lose.

Fernando and Aleix Garcia are completely different players, and they fulfil completely different roles in the team. Garcia is shit if you measure him by the qualities Fernando has, and Fernando is shit if you measure him by Garcia's skill set.

Again, I don't know why half this forum can only praise one player by aimlessly, and pointlessly insulting another player in the squad. It's like some sort of bitter equilibrium must be kept balanced - or perhaps it's just that some people will take literally any chance to slag off Fernando despite his huge performances in some big games this season.
Haven't seen his other posts on the topic, but that reaction to that comment seems pretty unfair. He wasn't insulting & slagging Fernando in that post, just stating he thinks Garcia is a better fit in a particular scenario. Seems pretty reasonable to compare two players when they're competing for the same position - rather than it being an attempt to create a bitter equilibrium.

Agree with your general point though, both can be useful players for us, but likely in totally different ways given their respective skill-sets.

Fernando and Aleix Garcia are completely different players, and they fulfil completely different roles in the team. Garcia is shit if you measure him by the qualities Fernando has, and Fernando is shit if you measure him by Garcia's skill set.

Again, I don't know why half this forum can only praise one player by aimlessly, and pointlessly insulting another player in the squad. It's like some sort of bitter equilibrium must be kept balanced - or perhaps it's just that some people will take literally any chance to slag off Fernando despite his huge performances in some big games this season.
I agree, there appears to be a mindset of a few who cannot miss any opportunity, and as you posted earlier, most of it is unfounded. Says more about them

Both can play as deep lying midfield players, different attributes yes but occupy the same area of the pitch. Garcia fits Pep system better.

As for insulting Fernando if that was aimed at me, WTF are you on about?

Last edited:
Unfair comparison. Fernando won't get you ten assists in a full season, but ask Aleix García to keep tabs on Ozil for a game and you'll lose.

Garcia can play as a deep lying midfield player so can occupy the same area as Fernando. As for him contributing with assists I see that as a positive not negative.

Garcia doesn't play in the Silva/Ozil area and comparing a break through 19 year old to Ozil is just silly.

Last edited:
Garcia can play as a deep lying midfield player so can occupy the same area as Fernando. As for him contributing with assists I see that as a positive not negative.

Garcia doesn't play in the Silva/Ozil area and comparing a break through 19 year old to Ozil is just silly.

1. Of course assists are a positive... how can they possibly be a negative?
2. I'm not comparing García to Ozil, I'm saying that defensively García is not nearly as good as Fernando defensively and probably never will be, but that's OK because they're different players.

The point I'm making is that we need Fernando. Fernando is not mutually exclusive with García but right now he's more important to the team.

Both can play as deep lying midfield players, different attributes yes but occupy the same area of the pitch. Garcia fits Pep system better.

As for insulting Fernando if that was aimed at me, WTF are you on about?

You don't get it. It's irrelevant where they play, they're completely different players who have different jobs.

You don't get it. It's irrelevant where they play, they're completely different players who have different jobs.

You're saying that I don't get it, maybe you need to research what sort of deep lying midfield player Pep prefers. I.E. Xavi Alonso, Philipp Lahm, Sergio Busquets.

I've no problem with Fernando, Pep inherited him and will use him as a squad player, however my point was "Garcia fits Peps system better than Fernando"

At the moment Fernando is a much better fit for our system than Garcia. Simply cause he's a better player. Very underrated on here.

At the moment Fernando is a much better fit for our system than Garcia. Simply cause he's a better player. Very underrated on here.

He's a better defensive player.

In terms of talent, he's not even on the same planet.

Which is making me wonder why Garcia always seems to have a deep midfield job. Sure, that may be his long term positon, but he's a superb footballer so I'd like to see him tried further forward on occasion, with someone like Fernando behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.