Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many have already said, he is so comfortable on the ball with a fantastic eye for a pass and will have a big future with us imo.

Everytime he plays he looks very comfortable and does his job so well, I'd love to see pep start him in a match to see how he does, think we'd all be surprised by how well he'll just slot in. I wouldn't forsee a mindblowing performance but I reckon he'd just like another of the pros, but for his age to look like just another senior player is a huge achievement.

That passing is so crisp

I think the best compliment I can pay him is that I didn't even notice him. He looks entirely comfortable at this level.

Keep banging the drum that's he's a better fit for our system than Fernando. If Yaya or Diniho play he's a better option in the diamond.

Think we are at the stage with Garcia where we have to start giving him more minutes on the pitch. Tottenham gave Dele Ali a chance at a similar age and look what happened. I think this lad could be a top player for us.

His was a nice cameo. Like how he took responsibility and acted as the fulcrum when yaya went off. His passing was confident and accurate. Looked entirely at home and got lots of passes from the senior professionals, always a good sign. Think he is ready for a start in the right game and formation.

liked what i saw from him yesterday, same old passing game, cool as a cucumber. but what impressed me was his sprint to stop a counter attack, think he tackled payet. that would've been my only criticism of him before, he was slow in defense. Seems to have added regaining possession to his game. give the boy minutes

I could be wrong but in his 22 minutes he completed 35 out of 37 passes, granted West Ham practically gave up, thats a great little stat to have. Really hope we start to keep the offense firing at full force so that he can have more cameos and potential starts against the lower table teams!

Our passing accuracy yesterday was absurd. 8 players (Sterling, Nico, Yaya, Aleix, Clichy, Stones, Nolito & Agüero) had passing % over 90. The team average was 92%.

I know it's a stat which is often mocked for being meaningless, but it shows the control we had in the game and our ball retention - something which Pep picked out as a reason why we performed so much better and more coherently than we have been recently.

Keep banging the drum that's he's a better fit for our system than Fernando. If Yaya or Diniho play he's a better option in the diamond.

Fernando and Aleix Garcia are completely different players, and they fulfil completely different roles in the team. Garcia is shit if you measure him by the qualities Fernando has, and Fernando is shit if you measure him by Garcia's skill set.

Again, I don't know why half this forum can only praise one player by aimlessly, and pointlessly insulting another player in the squad. It's like some sort of bitter equilibrium must be kept balanced - or perhaps it's just that some people will take literally any chance to slag off Fernando despite his huge performances in some big games this season.

liked what i saw from him yesterday, same old passing game, cool as a cucumber. but what impressed me was his sprint to stop a counter attack, think he tackled payet. that would've been my only criticism of him before, he was slow in defense. Seems to have added regaining possession to his game. give the boy minutes

It was nice to see but 15 minutes is not a test of defensive contribution and tracking runners, winning the ball back.

We won't know if he's added that until we see him play a few hours of football. Even Yaya last season would track back and put in tackles in a short cameo.

He needs to start a few games, we're not learning anything new from short second half cameos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.