Aleix Garcia

While he didn't have much time to stand out too much yesterday, especially with others in mesmerising form, I said to my brother at the match that he looks like he's comfortable in the midfield with the first team.

He didn't look out of place, kept things ticking over and looks like he's got a bright future. Loved it when he got back into our own box and won the ball back, and then drew a foul and got us a free kick. Good little cameo from him, promising signs.

That's probably the most accurate way to assess him, "he didn't look out of place" which when you consider the talent we have is a really telling comment. He simply slotted in and kept the ball moving, nice simple passes, tracked runners, a nice little cameo. I'd be disappointed if he didn't get the start on Wednesday to be honest, a nice run out again premier league opposition with less pressure or focus on the game. Seems ideal to me.

Liked the look of him, played it safe whilst on the ball for the majority but that was all he needed to do, very composed even when pressed & won the ball back a couple of times when out of possession. Be nice if he gets a start against Swansea.

He was great on the ball (well he IS great on the ball imo, as good as he needs to be at first team level) but I thought he had the same problem as Yaya in this system, without the ball. No lack of effort, but he struggled to close down effectively. It was easier to get away from him than it is the others.

He may find an extra yard of acceleration from somewhere when match sharp, but if he doesn't then, like Yaya v Stauer, no matter how much distance he covers, he will leave an extra half yard of spece compared to others & he would be more effective in a slightly different kind of setup, where he can spray passes around & pick up loose balls rather than always pressing. Whether Pep has in mind to vary it in that way, I have no idea, but we were linked with Kroos who does that & he had Yaya at Barca of course.

He was great on the ball (well he IS great on the ball imo, as good as he needs to be at first team level) but I thought he had the same problem as Yaya in this system, without the ball. No lack of effort, but he struggled to close down effectively. It was easier to get away from him than it is the others.

He may find an extra yard of acceleration from somewhere when match sharp, but if he doesn't then, like Yaya v Stauer, no matter how much distance he covers, he will leave an extra half yard of spece compared to others & he would be more effective in a slightly different kind of setup, where he can spray passes around & pick up loose balls rather than always pressing. Whether Pep has in mind to vary it in that way, I have no idea, but we were linked with Kroos who does that & he had Yaya at Barca of course.
Has the plus side that he looks much better at tracking a runner from deep than any of our senior midfielders to cancel that out imo. Had some great seal outs against Bournemouth.

Thought he looked poised in there Saturday. Nothing extraordinary but it looked like our midfield hadn't missed a beat. I'm hoping he gets a start in the cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.