Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he'd turned a corner and would push on after some above-par performances recently. Not sure what's going on in his head, we've seen he has ability and can shine, but attitude and consistency is something that is sorely lacking in his locker.

I wrote a while ago he's still stealing a wage from us. How in hell did he get a new contract? He's laughing at the club. He must have something on Pep, surely even he can see how much of a liability he is every time he puts on a shirt.

The problem is, we don't have a genuine back up for our cb pairing, and have to kinda shoehorn this guy in to that position, also because he's left footed. But apart from the first 6 games, when our midfield was actually creating and our attack was finishing, our defensive performances have been poor at best and this guy is in the middle of it.

The problem is, we don't have a genuine back up for our cb pairing, and have to kinda shoehorn this guy in to that position, also because he's left footed. But apart from the first 6 games, when our midfield was actually creating and our attack was finishing, our defensive performances have been poor at best and this guy is in the middle of it.

Even after all the spending, for me we still need at least two fullbacks, a new CB, a new creative CM and a new Striker.

The squad we have is good when everyone is fit but when they are not or we rest the best, it is pretty average as evidenced in the 2nd half particularly last night.

We have been blindly stumbling into this position over the last few years by not replacing players when they needed replacing. We have only just started introducing young talent that will get better and hold their value. Our transfer policy has been flawed but is getting better now. Sterling, Stones, Sane, Jesus are all exciting signings but we are expecting them to all hit the ground running which is not going to be the case week in week out.

When Pellegrini came, he inherited a great set of players, many at the peak of their powers, Kompany, Zab, Silva, Aguero, Nasri. This is why he did so well in his first season. Since then it has been a steady decline to the point where we were almost out of the top 4 last season.

This is not going to be reversed overnight. It will take time. The start of the season has glossed over the problems that are still there and Kolorov is one of them.

I still think we could be thereabouts in the league, have a fighting chance in the FA cup like 5/6 others but are not going to win the CL this season based on what I have seen so far. My expectations have definitely been lowered and I think it will be next season or the one after when we really see the benefit of this new policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.