Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is criminal how much this guy gets paid in return for what he produces. And it's about time he spent more time practising his shots because they go nowhere fucking near the net these days.

Even after all the spending, for me we still need at least two fullbacks, a new CB, a new creative CM and a new Striker.

The squad we have is good when everyone is fit but when they are not or we rest the best, it is pretty average as evidenced in the 2nd half particularly last night.

We have been blindly stumbling into this position over the last few years by not replacing players when they needed replacing. We have only just started introducing young talent that will get better and hold their value. Our transfer policy has been flawed but is getting better now. Sterling, Stones, Sane, Jesus are all exciting signings but we are expecting them to all hit the ground running which is not going to be the case week in week out.

When Pellegrini came, he inherited a great set of players, many at the peak of their powers, Kompany, Zab, Silva, Aguero, Nasri. This is why he did so well in his first season. Since then it has been a steady decline to the point where we were almost out of the top 4 last season.

This is not going to be reversed overnight. It will take time. The start of the season has glossed over the problems that are still there and Kolorov is one of them.

I still think we could be thereabouts in the league, have a fighting chance in the FA cup like 5/6 others but are not going to win the CL this season based on what I have seen so far. My expectations have definitely been lowered and I think it will be next season or the one after when we really see the benefit of this new policy.

Totally agree. Plus I think Pep himself is in a Hit and Trial phase with some of the current set of players.

Totally agree. Plus I think Pep himself is in a Hit and Trial phase with some of the current set of players.
Of course he is. He's learning as much about this squad now as they are form him. Plus he'll be seeing now and in the next month or so who is understanding what he wants and who isn't. Once he's settled in his mind about certain things (I now think Maffeo is ready for starting in this team, Zaba and Sanga's time is up), which could take months more, maybe come Christmas we'll start to see Guardiola's team and philosophy take shape.

Kolarov is now a back-up centre half only for me. He did really well at CH in a back four to start the season and should only be used there from now on.

Wonder what Guardiola's saying to him? Presumably something about him aimlessly hoofing it over the bar a few times every game.

Wonder what Guardiola's saying to him? Presumably something about him aimlessly hoofing it over the bar a few times every game.

"Don't pay any attention to those clueless ****s on bluemoon Aleks, you're doing great".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.