Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep is a mircale worker, but also got to recognise Kolarovs turn-around, he is a rock at the moment. Last night he was shouting at his defence, at the ref, even the ball boy got an earful.

Hate to bring this up but i remember a good few years back Mourinho claiming he was one of the outstanding full backs in world football and whilst we have seen little to substantiate such a claim over the last few years, fuck me, we are seeing it now.

Pep has revitalised the man and we suddenly have the player Mourinho mentioned.

The players were bored last season..

AK has always been an excellent player, never really got why many had a go at him really, the guy has scored some great goals and provided tons of assists over the time he has been here.

Well played AK

Ah another player who was actually really good most of the time, but just gave the impression of being a half arsed, lazy twat for half of pretty much every season since we signed him.

We have been taken in by these mischief makers.

Well, I'm happy to eat humble pie when a player turns round and does it for us. For a long time, I defended Kolarov against his detractors on this forum. When his performances started getting more and more lackadaisical last season, he started to piss me off pretty seriously. The last straw was the non-performance at St Mary's. I thought particularly about all the fans who'd made the long trek down (I wasn't one of them, so it was really objective). At that point, I just wanted him gone.
Well, what's happened to Kolarov (and Otamendi, incidentally) is a measure of just who we have managing us. He has been here for two and a half months, blues. Pinch yourself and say it over slowly. And he is here for three years. Privately, I hope against hope that he'll extend on that. If he were here for four or five years, grooming the youngsters coming through, this club would be transformed in a way that we'd never look back from. I'm absolutely, rock solid certain of it. Meantime, I'll settle for this. Oh, yes, this'll do very nicely.
Meantime, hats off to Kolarov. And Ota.

Last edited:
Ah another player who was actually really good most of the time, but just gave the impression of being a half arsed, lazy twat for half of pretty much every season since we signed him.

We have been taken in by these mischief makers.
Nah, there's never been a doubt that he's a very good footballer. His lack of pace and lack of motivation have always been his main problems as well as having a manager unwilling to address his weaknesses.

The perception of him being lazy has always been bollocks, he's always ran his arse off up and down the left all game more than any other fullback, it's just a handful of instances where he hasn't sprinted back because he knows that he's out of position (under Pellegrini's instructions) and can't get there that have created the idea he's lazy.

Nah, there's never been a doubt that he's a very good footballer. His lack of pace and lack of motivation have always been his main problems as well as having a manager unwilling to address his weaknesses.

Booting the ball blindly into a bunch of oppo defenders, over & over, in the hope that one gets through & he gets an assist for his 'brillian t crossing', whilst constantly taking up the space of any would be wide attacker & leaving our left side exposed is not my idea of a good footballer. Half of Kolarov's games unser both Bob & the Clown, followed that route, even when we won. The other half, he was good. Which makes it worse.

I remember one game where he came on as sub & produced possibly the worst 15 mins of football I've ever seen. Zero out of ten, would have been flattering.

Pep has made him think about what he's doing, & work as hard as he can. Two things missing in the past.

But, he has previous for playing good spells & then turning into Ben Thatcher meets Danny Mills, for ten games. I can't see that happening now though tbf, he just looks like he's got it. He will get turned over at fullback sometimes though. Even Pep isn't that clever. But that happens to all fullbacks at times.

Booting the ball blindly into a bunch of oppo defenders, over & over, in the hope that one gets through & he gets an assist for his 'brillian t crossing', whilst constantly taking up the space of any would be wide attacker & leaving our left side exposed is not my idea of a good footballer. Half of Kolarov's games unser both Bob & the Clown, followed that route, even when we won. The other half, he was good. Which makes it worse.

I remember one game where he came on as sub & produced possibly the worst 15 mins of football I've ever seen. Zero out of ten, would have been flattering.

Pep has made him think about what he's doing, & work as hard as he can. Two things missing in the past.

But, he has previous for playing good spells & then turning into Ben Thatcher meets Danny Mills, for ten games. I can't see that happening now though tbf, he just looks like he's got it. He will get turned over at fullback sometimes though. Even Pep isn't that clever. But that happens to all fullbacks at times.
I'm not denying any of that. I'm saying he's a very good footballer and always has been. Him not utilising that has been a travesty and previous managers as well as himself are to blame.

The perception of him being lazy has always been bollocks, he's always ran his arse off up and down the left all game more than any other fullback, it's just a handful of instances where he hasn't sprinted back because he knows that he's out of position (under Pellegrini's instructions) and can't get there that have created the idea he's lazy.

Not true. Southampton being an example. And some of his worst games were under Mancini.

Where I sit, I've had an optimum view of this bloke since we signed him & there are many many occasions where he has thrown in the towel or switched off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.