Alen Halilovic - remember this name

Smithy34 said:
Some of you lot need to take a reality check - we now have a manager who promotes youth and can take a young talent and make him better

We currently have Denis Suarez for Spain in the U20 World Cup where he has been playing really well. Pellegrini has all the time to actually make Suarez our very own Isco in the making without paying over £30m for

I remember a while back people moaning that our youth players were not given the opportunity by mancini - well under Pellegrini they will and that is what we want.

were not talkin about a £30mill player tho are we, and lets face it he may do that with suarez but he has more of a chance of doing that with Halilovic who is already a lot better at a younger age. I would however like to see him do this with both of these 2 aswell as Guidetti and lopes.

Reckon we could actually be in for this lad, we need to start taking risks on players, sign him and let him stay in Croatia for two more years, improving and gaining experience.

Smithy34 said:
Some of you lot need to take a reality check - we now have a manager who promotes youth and can take a young talent and make him better

We currently have Denis Suarez for Spain in the U20 World Cup where he has been playing really well. Pellegrini has all the time to actually make Suarez our very own Isco in the making without paying over £30m for

I remember a while back people moaning that our youth players were not given the opportunity by mancini - well under Pellegrini they will and that is what we want.
I may be misunderstanding, but wouldn't this be a youth signing considering his age?

City already had a £7.4m bid turned down for him last year, how much can the club be expected to spend on a barely 17-year-old? In February it was reported that Zagreb wanted £17m, can the club really be blamed for saying no to that? The local media in Croatia said this month Milan had a bid of £13m turned down for him too.

LoveCity said:
City already had a £7.4m bid turned down for him last year, how much can the club be expected to spend on a barely 17-year-old? In February it was reported that Zagreb wanted £17m, can the club really be blamed for saying no to that? The local media in Croatia said this month Milan had a bid of £13m turned down for him too.
That's a bit different then. If they're turning down bids of 13 million pounds, then I understand the hesitation.

Yep.. Milan pushing for him, but the price seems steep as shit for 17

I cant see us going beyond 13 for him - I was shocked we even hovered that number

We (Spurs) are interested in him and his teammate Jedvaj (sp?). I've never watched Halilovic but I've heard that he's an outstanding talent.

I haven't seen the guy play at all but from what I've read he seems like a serious, serious prospect. To be getting capped by a decent team like Croatia at his age is very impressive...

£17 to £20 million for potentially the next Messi/Ronaldo is small change in the bigger scheme of things and worth the gamble. Even if the kid never turns out to be a flop or never come close to the Messi/Ronaldo heights you would still be looking to get over 10 million back if selling him on in 2-3 years time.

We spent around £19 million each on Jo and Crocky FFS

Can't pronounce it, let alone remember it

Dzashraefaeloi Txyfasveligov remember the name!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.