Alen Halilovic - remember this name

Dinamo chairman just confirming that he hopes the two players will go to Spurs and that the deal although not yet done, is expected to be done.

Very surprised as I always thought Halilovic would end up at a bigger club.

Spurs mate said they got him and Jedvaj as well.

good signing if true.

BillyShears said:
Dinamo chairman just confirming that he hopes the two players will go to Spurs and that the deal although not yet done, is expected to be done.

Very surprised as I always thought Halilovic would end up at a bigger club.

Oooo you woman hahahaha

NipHolmes said:
Modric is obviously a yard stick they've used for their career progression. Go to Spurs, improve, get sold to proper club. Bale is the same.

I can understand that logic but for every Modric there is a dos Santo (not just at Spurs).

If I was a young player I would be reluctant to use Spurs as a stepping stone club simply because Levy is a difficult negotiator and makes it very hard to leave. His insistence with Modric meant he stayed for a season but it messed Spurs up for the first few games of the 2011/12 season and he was eventually sold for less than Chelsea offered.

The same will happen with Bale, Real will come sniffing at about £40m, get quoted £50m+ but he will be sold next year for less than £40m and complain over broken promises etc.

NipHolmes said:
Modric is obviously a yard stick they've used for their career progression. Go to Spurs, improve, get sold to proper club. Bale is the same.

I can understand that logic but for every Modric there is a dos Santo (not just at Spurs).

If I was a young player I would be reluctant to use Spurs as a stepping stone club simply because Levy is a difficult negotiator and makes it very hard to leave. His insistence with Modric meant he stayed for a season but it messed Spurs up for the first few games of the 2011/12 season and he was eventually sold for less than Chelsea offered.

The same will happen with Bale, Real will come sniffing at about £40m, get quoted £50m+ but he will be sold next year for less than £40m and complain over broken promises etc.

Dos Santos is a player, the problem is he's a playboy too. I remember the U17 when he was captain iirc, he was fucking awesome! Barca was good but then the move to England was bad. I still think he could succeed but Swansea is the only club I'd punt him to do so.

Spurs is a business, buy cheap and progress then sell. Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and soon Bale. It wouldn't shock me to sew Lloris go to Real Madrid once Casillas starts to wane.

pavelsrnicek said:
NipHolmes said:

Bang on. In 2/3 seasons time we will want to buy him, or Chelsea, or Real Madrid.. Levy is going to turn around and say "50m or fuck off", and he's going to be fucked without pissing people off. I'm not saying he should go to any club that willingly gives up it's players when someone comes in to buy them, but Levy really is the hard end of the scale. No-one will be at all surprised if this bites him right in the ass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.