Alen Halilovic - remember this name

@BluePhil8 said:
5 year deal, signed with Barcelona.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/agreement-with-dynamo-zagreb-for-alen-halilovic-transfer

Agreement with Dynamo Zagreb for Alen Halilovic transferwww.fcbarcelona.cat
03/27/2014 12:30
The 17-year-old Croat has joined FC Barcelona for five seasons and will start in the reserves

The left-footed attacking midfielder has already won his first full international cap

After the agreement was announced, the player told the press that "I am delighted and it’s hard to find the words to describe how I feel. Thank you very much to Dynamo, who will always be my first love and the club where my dreams started coming true. I would like to thank all the Dynamo youth coaches and all of the fans. Of course, Barcelona is something special, I have loved the club since I was a kid and it will be an honour to be able to play for Barça. But before that, I want to win the double with Dynamo and then I’ll start concentrating on my new club".

FC Barcelona has reached an agreement with Dynamo Zagreb and Alen Halilovic for the transfer of the player to the Club for an initial amount of 2.2 million euros, which will increase as the player achieves the objectives of consolidating a position in the first team. The player, who turns 18 on June 18, will start out in Barça B. Halilovic has signed a contract for five seasons.

Born on June 18, 1996 in Dubrovnik (Croatia) Alen Halilovic is a left-footed attacking midfielder. After rising through the Dynamo Zagreb youth ranks, in the 2012/13 season he made his first team debut at the age of 16, playing 18 league matches and scoring two goals. He also got his first Champions League experience on October 24, 2012 in a 2-0 defeat at home to PSG in the group stage.

On June 10, 2013 he appeared in his first full international in a friendly against Portugal, becoming the youngest player ever to play for Croatia. He was also named in the squad for three 2014 World Cup qualifiers, although he never came off the bench in any of those matches.

This season has seen him progress even further. He has played 19 games in the Croatian top flight (the Prva HNL), starting eight of them, and scoring three goals. Dynamo Zagreb are runaway leaders in their domestic championship with an 11-point lead on second placed Rijeka. Halilovic was also involved in Champions League qualifiers and matches in the Europa league group stage.

Fee believed to be £2,000,000 plus add ons.

So Spuds offer £10m but Barca get him for £2m ? Anyone got the number for the Spanish tax authorities?

This deal is suspicious as hell..

Dinamo Zagreb's president is under big pressure and he might get kicked out soon from the club though he is the strongest guy and has Croatian football in his pocket. So if he senses that is coming he might have decided to take fast money for Halilovic while he is still there. The other option is that there's more to this deal than it's shown on the papers, if you know what I mean. But then again, Halilovic's contract runs out this summer so maybe that's the reason for those numbers.

UEFA should be looking at all Barca's deals over recent years. Disproportionately low fees in most cases - the tax dodging could be rife. You'd hope the Spanish tax authorities would be in hot pursuit following the Neymar scandal but this is Spain and no doubt senior figures in the Catalan govt. will have already drawn a line under the issue and we will hear nothing more of it.

lewis9111 said:
Will the Barcelona transfer embargo reported today affect this?

I shouldn't image it would as I'm sure the embargo comes as NO shock to Barca, so should think they got this deal done very quickly.

They'll probably push this through somehow but-

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 4m
I was told Ter Stegen signed in January, so he's coming. Halilovic isn't as far as I know and the agreement might be null and void.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.