Alex Sandro

I'd love Sandro but £50m? £50m for a fullback? £50m!!!!!?!?

lol no.

your missing what is important to a Pep team and that is two top class full backs i wouldn't be surprised if we spend the most in these two positions imho.

Every club will see us coming this summer though and for us we have invested too much into the whole Pep project, so if Pep wants him Pep gets him.

I don't see any difference in paying £50m for a central defender in Stones or £50m for a fullback in Sandro.

Stones' £47m fee was inflated due to being young and English.

Sandro is 27 mid way through next season.

This bollocks fee is probably his agent after more money from Juve anyway

Juventus fans think he's one of their 3 best players.

We're looking to buy one of the best players from a CL contender, and financially well off club in Juventus, not to mention a player who's already one of the 3 best in his position in the world, and has improved rapidly in the last year.

Why does anyone think that'd come cheap? I think a lot of the attitudes towards him being a fullback and t therefore not worth the fee we'd spend on a CB, midfielder or forward are pretty dated.

We have a manager who expects full backs to be world class defenders, midfielders and wingers, they are probably only behind the keeper and central midfielder in terms of importance to the team, and if we can nail down the best in the world at any position for £50m, it's worth it to me, and doubly so in such an important position.

It's also supposedly the 3rd successive year we've tried to sign him.

The question is "Who are the best 'Pep style' full backs in the world under 23/24/25 years of age?"

Buy them, and bring back Maffeo and Angelino as their cover.

Yeah but he'll be 30 in four years from now. Far too old.

I don't know if you're being serious, or joking because of @Silva_Spell 's weird age phrasing, but It really depends on the player doesn't it? Zabaleta & Clichy are done at 32, Dani Alves is still getting MOTM awards in CL semi-finals at 34.

If Sandro is a Zabaleta you get 4/5 years out of him, if he's an Alves you get 8 or more.

We should only get young players so that they hit their prime when the manager after the manager after Pep can get the most out of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.