Alex Scott new host of Football Focus

Let's try to keep the discussion to her ability to do the job, not how she looks or how fit she is, eh?
@jimharri i don't think anyone has been sexist or nasty, to me it is actually taking the piss out of the sexist attitudes blokes had/have as shown in the above clip.
She stands or falls on whether she can do the job, not on how she looks.

Reactions: mat
She seems to get overvalued as a pundit precisely because she's a woman. If a bloke came out with the same stuff she does, they'd be labelled as dull and pointless. Points out the obvious, keeps it safe and adds next to nothing. She's the female equivalent of Ashley Cole.

There's worse about, much worse but she's far from being good. Is she any better as a presenter? No idea but if it stops her being a pundit give her a shot.

Chappers is by far the best sports presenter, his football and nfl coverage is unparalleled.
Chappers is a very good broadcaster, a worthy heir to the giants of yesteryear although maybe he’s just a little bit too light hearted too often for my liking. But I’m a grumpy ****.

@jimharri i don't think anyone has been sexist or nasty, to me it is actually taking the piss out of the sexist attitudes blokes had/have as shown in the above clip.
She stands or falls on whether she can do the job, not on how she looks.
Unfortunately, the BBC these days tend to lay much more store on how stuff 'looks' rather than providing a top quality programme. Their coverage of football is just dire, biased, corner of 'the snug' and infused with an attempt to be all things to all Rags 'n Dippers.

Unfortunately, the BBC these days tend to lay much more store on how stuff 'looks' rather than providing a top quality programme. Their coverage of football is just dire, biased, corner of 'the snug' and infused with an attempt to be all things to all Rags 'n Dippers.
Oh I totally agree, for one thing she will not be on the same money as the men, its the bbc way. Equality for all, some may get more equality than others but that's life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.