Alex Scott new host of Football Focus

They need to bin off the other clowns on there too if honest, lawrenson and dublin are dire, I will be honest stopped watching it a while ago unless some city interview is on as it it pretty average a show
The Bbc are an equal oppurtunities employer.This is why Dublin,Lawrenson etc are on there.

I don’t care about gender, I’d just like professionalism.

she’s fine. Comes across as very likeable and entertaining, however I’ve seen her stuck a few times without an opinion and coming out with some silly stuff as a result.
The format should suit her and she’ll do great.

As for whoever the lady was commenting on the Leeds game, she was absolutely woeful and should never get a gig commenting again. Literally stammered like yoda the entire game with broken sentences and mumbles. Too soon for her and I doubt she’d improve.

There’s some really good female presenters at the minute who know their stuff and fair play to them.

With that nobhead dan walker stepping down reports that Alex Scott will take over presenting Football Focus.

Think it is a good appointment, she gives better punditry than most of thr men and also is decent media wise.

Boiled some piss though amongst those still thinking it's 1950 in every way shape and form.
I don’t care about gender, I’d just like professionalism.

she’s fine. Comes across as very likeable and entertaining, however I’ve seen her stuck a few times without an opinion and coming out with some silly stuff as a result.
The format should suit her and she’ll do great.

As for whoever the lady was commenting on the Leeds game, she was absolutely woeful and should never get a gig commenting again. Literally stammered like yoda the entire game with broken sentences and mumbles. Too soon for her and I doubt she’d improve.

There’s some really good female presenters at the minute who know their stuff and fair play to them.
Two comments (in bold) within posts trying to show you’re not people who think it’s the 1950s or that you don’t care about gender, that actually show you’re making an opinion about her because she’s a woman and comparing her to men, or that it’s a surprise that women know their stuff about football.

Two comments (in bold) within posts trying to show you’re not people who think it’s the 1950s or that you don’t care about gender, that actually show you’re making an opinion about her because she’s a woman and comparing her to men, or that it’s a surprise that women know their stuff about football.

It is a fact that the main critical comment is that a woman shouldn't comment on football, even ones that have played the game at the top of their field, so nowt wrong with mentioning she is a better pundit than many of the male ones presently on.

The 1950s in every shape of form comment becasue for some it just isn't her gender that is an issue.

But ok let's take her gender out of the comment then and she is still a better pundit than most of the ex footballers on football focus.

Gllad she got the job and wish her well think she is one of the best football pundits around at the minute

FF is not a particularly good programme any more. It was, many years ago, but nowadays it's all too much talk and not enough action.
I ditched it because I was sick and tired of how formulaic it had become: Presenter faces camera and waffles on for a while. Presenter then introduces a couple of studio guests and waffles on with them for a while. You are then shown an interview with a young player who is making his way in the game and he in turn will waffle on about about how proud he is to play for his current club, and about growing up watching his idols play, and how he never thought in his wildest dreams that he too would one day play in the same stadium. The dreary monologue goes on for a while then it's back to the studio where presenter and studio guests then waffle on about this young player and wax lyrical about him for a couple of minutes, then back to another interview and yet more waffling between all involved.

FF is just Loose Women for football fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.