Alex Scott new host of Football Focus

FF is not a particularly good programme any more. It was, many years ago, but nowadays it's all too much talk and not enough action.
I ditched it because I was sick and tired of how formulaic it had become: Presenter faces camera and waffles on for a while. Presenter then introduces a couple of studio guests and waffles on with them for a while. You are then shown an interview with a young player who is making his way in the game and he in turn will waffle on about about how proud he is to play for his current club, and about growing up watching his idols play, and how he never thought in his wildest dreams that he too would one day play in the same stadium. The dreary monologue goes on for a while then it's back to the studio where presenter and studio guests then waffle on about this young player and wax lyrical about him for a couple of minutes, then back to another interview and yet more waffling between all involved.

FF is just Loose Women for football fans.
It’s too scattergun and superficial for me. Say what you want about Soccer Saturday but they have 3 hours of it pre match and might give up to 15 mins on each club (or half an hour for certain clubs, but that’s another discussion). And the quality of the punditry is no better.

Wooden and robotic. No thanks.
A few names who you would’ve preferred instead?
I ask because, although I know what you mean, I think a lot of presenters, especially in a new role, will have an element of that.
I watched her as lead presenter rather than pundit on the England friendly on bbc4 last night and thought she handled it really well tbh.

FF is not a particularly good programme any more. It was, many years ago, but nowadays it's all too much talk and not enough action.
I ditched it because I was sick and tired of how formulaic it had become: Presenter faces camera and waffles on for a while. Presenter then introduces a couple of studio guests and waffles on with them for a while. You are then shown an interview with a young player who is making his way in the game and he in turn will waffle on about about how proud he is to play for his current club, and about growing up watching his idols play, and how he never thought in his wildest dreams that he too would one day play in the same stadium. The dreary monologue goes on for a while then it's back to the studio where presenter and studio guests then waffle on about this young player and wax lyrical about him for a couple of minutes, then back to another interview and yet more waffling between all involved.

FF is just Loose Women for football fans.
I used to love MNF (not got Sky now) when they talked tactics and formations, genuine insider knowledge and very interesting for the average fan as it gave a great insight on why certain things happen at certain times in a match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.