Alexander Kolarov

greasedupdeafguy said:
skelpomike said:
The Kolarov/Clichy argument is getting a bit old... I think most of us realise now its not a question of one over the other, they are both great players. Yes Clichy is a better defender and yes, Kolarov is better going forward but they can both defend AND attack pretty well! The thing that maybe just puts Kolarov ahead of Clichy is that he is our best free kick taker at 20-35 yards by quite some distance. We are lucky to have these two players, both would walk in to a lot of teams.
Rubbish, for the 'better' team Clichy will always start as he is just much better than Kolarov, defensively he a liability against any decent winger with pace. I would go as far as saying that Clichy is best left back behind Marcelo possibly Lahm at the moment.

Where has this "any winger with pace will destroy him" myth come from? is it just from that Blackpool home game in his first season when Matt Phillips beat him for pace once?

He played left back in the F.A cup semi against Valencia/Nani and kept them very quiet, he played left back in the cup final up against Pennant and he didn't get a sniff.

Clichy will always be the "go to" full-back for the big games, but people seriously under-rate Kolarov.

brian the blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
skelpomike said:
The Kolarov/Clichy argument is getting a bit old... I think most of us realise now its not a question of one over the other, they are both great players. Yes Clichy is a better defender and yes, Kolarov is better going forward but they can both defend AND attack pretty well! The thing that maybe just puts Kolarov ahead of Clichy is that he is our best free kick taker at 20-35 yards by quite some distance. We are lucky to have these two players, both would walk in to a lot of teams.
Rubbish, for the 'better' team Clichy will always start as he is just much better than Kolarov, defensively he a liability against any decent winger with pace. I would go as far as saying that Clichy is best left back behind Marcelo possibly Lahm at the moment.

Where has this "any winger with pace will destroy him" myth come from? is it just from that Blackpool home game in his first season when Matt Phillips beat him for pace once?

He played left back in the F.A cup semi against Valencia/Nani and kept them very quiet, he played left back in the cup final up against Pennant and he didn't get a sniff.

Clichy will always be the "go to" full-back for the big games, but people seriously under-rate Kolarov.
That game does stand out and it was more than once it was quite a few times, he just isn't that great defensively but still a good squad players to have, why else did we sign Clichy?

I prefer it when Kolarov plays left wing with Clichy behind him. For me Kolarov has all the attributes to be a quality winger and his crossing and shooting more than definitely makes up for his lack of pace.

Just because he is now starting to perform like a professional football doesn't mean that he is better than Clichy. A little part of me still thinks that whenever he is in the starting 11 we're gonna drop points.

He's gonna have to produce a lot more to prove that he is a better all round player than Clichy for me.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Just because he is now starting to perform like a professional football doesn't mean that he is better than Clichy. A little part of me still thinks that whenever he is in the starting 11 we're gonna drop points.

He's gonna have to produce a lot more to prove that he is a better all round player than Clichy for me.
This, I dont get how some after one great match against Sunderland think he is better or even close to Clichy.

greasedupdeafguy said:
brian the blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

That game does stand out and it was more than once it was quite a few times, he just isn't that great defensively but still a good squad players to have, why else did we sign Clichy?

Because Mancini wants at least 2 quality players for each position as he has said many a times.

Watching Dzeko's winner against WBA again, is anyone else impressed with the pass to laid on to Aguero or is it just me?

BlueTG said:
Watching Dzeko's winner against WBA again, is anyone else impressed with the pass to laid on to Aguero or is it just me?
Lots of people have quite rightly said that it was an excellent pass. Perfectly directed and weighted and it drew the defender totally out of position, creating the space for Dzeko (and Richards) to burst into. Awesome.

Dzeko and Kolarov have been some of the best players this month! Dzeko man of the match vs WBA. Kolarov man of the match vs Sunderland. I love the pair, they both do what we want them to do even though they do not play full games.
I love the Pair!!!! never do I want them to leave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.