Alexander Kolarov

greasedupdeafguy said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Just because he is now starting to perform like a professional football doesn't mean that he is better than Clichy. A little part of me still thinks that whenever he is in the starting 11 we're gonna drop points.

He's gonna have to produce a lot more to prove that he is a better all round player than Clichy for me.
This, I dont get how some after one great match against Sunderland think he is better or even close to Clichy.

He has been consistently performing well for some time - or hasn't anyone else noticed?

greasedupdeafguy said:
Bazzmand Show said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Rubbish, for the 'better' team Clichy will always start as he is just much better than Kolarov, defensively he a liability against any decent winger with pace. I would go as far as saying that Clichy is best left back behind Marcelo possibly Lahm at the moment.

Your way off the mark mate, Kolarov is more than capable these days, at holding his own against good wingers.
Not for me the last time he was up against a proper direct winger was sunderland last year and we kept getting caught at the back mainly due to Kolarovs lack of pace. I like him as a squad player but for every away game, CL game and tougher teams at home I would always start Clichy.

How did AK do against Sunderland this season? After all, they use direct wingers don't they? Try watching each game with an open mind, players get better you know.

Clichy didn't do too well against Dortmund, and Götze and Reuse aren't even proper wingers. Neither did he do well against Di Maria. Clichy is one of the "untouchable do-no-wrongs" on here. He's one of the best in the league, if not the best, but he's not world class as people on here would have you believe.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Your way off the mark mate, Kolarov is more than capable these days, at holding his own against good wingers.
Not for me the last time he was up against a proper direct winger was sunderland last year and we kept getting caught at the back mainly due to Kolarovs lack of pace. I like him as a squad player but for every away game, CL game and tougher teams at home I would always start Clichy.

How did AK do against Sunderland this season? After all, they use direct wingers don't they? Try watching each game with an open mind, players get better you know.

Clichy didn't do too well against Dortmund, and Götze and Reuse aren't even proper wingers. Neither did he do well against Di Maria. Clichy is one of the "untouchable do-no-wrongs" on here. He's one of the best in the league, if not the best, but he's not world class as people on here would have you believe.
Thats because he doesn't do anything wrong he always one of our consistent performers. I like Kolarov but there is a reason why Clichy always gets the nod in the tough/biggers games.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Thats because he doesn't do anything wrong he always one of our consistent performers. I like Kolarov but there is a reason why Clichy always gets the nod in the tough/biggers games.

I'm firmly in the 'start Clichy in the big games' camp although have always been a fan of Kolarov and would play him against bottom half opposition home and away but to say Clichy does no wrong is ridiculous. He was awful against Dortmund, caught out of position numerous times and because the game is quicker in the Champions League his pace doesn't yet him out of trouble as much. I've been very impressed with him since we signed him but he's certainly not exempt from criticism.

Kolarov's performance was a masterclass against Sunderland, the guy has simply been getting better and better this season - although I did expect him to be our main left back last season which didn't work out for him

Keep up the good work Alexander.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Bazzmand Show said:

Just look at what you just posted. I'm a fan of AK but you just pointed out he went against adam johnson whom we know very well for not showing up.

And clichy went against gotze and reus who are one fire right now, and Di Maria. each of them are about 50x better than AJ.

greasedupdeafguy said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Just because he is now starting to perform like a professional football doesn't mean that he is better than Clichy. A little part of me still thinks that whenever he is in the starting 11 we're gonna drop points.

He's gonna have to produce a lot more to prove that he is a better all round player than Clichy for me.
This, I dont get how some after one great match against Sunderland think he is better or even close to Clichy.

Since the back half of last year, Kolarov has been impressive/good most times he has played. Your selling him way short.

Bazzmand Show said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

Since the back half of last year, Kolarov has been impressive/good most times he has played. Your selling him way short.

I completely agree. He looks leaner and fitter over the past six months, and I think he and Clichy both have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I think he pulls his tripe out at times when going forward and also running back if there is a counter. His position and tackleing can let him down, at times. Other than that he seems to be improving all the time.

19 million pounds.

And a player who like Balotelli divides opinion more than any other player.

For 19 million pound logic suggests that threads trying to justify him would not and should not exist.

That is all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.