This is the brexit effect. For years thick tories wanted to leave the EU but the intelligent ones knew it would be a disaster. This goes all the way back to the Thatcher era where the establishment tories held off the anti EU loonies.

Cameron tried to shut the loonies up with a ref - hoping to win and draw a line under it.

Having voted to leave the loonies have more power, they ousted May and backed Boris and over that time frame decent tories have been leaving in droves, hence why we have a cabinet of lightweight idiots and no good candidates to take over.

Brexit has always been the idiots choice and the tory part is becoming a party of idiots as a result. No doubt the next leader will need the approval of the loonies and therefore we will continue down this road.
And we still have nobody in any party pointing out this simple chain of events.

I agree with the essence of that though it does rather absolve those on the Left who also wanted Brexit. This situation is what 17,410,742 people voted for, and those who now claim ‘this isn’t what I voted for’ are actually admitting ’I didn’t really think about it’ in 2016.
They weren't given any information to think over. Both campaigns were very bad regarding this. The remain camp should have hammered home details, debunked myths and given people stuff to think sensibly on but failed to. The leave campaign was an outright bucket of lies poured over brainless soundbites backed up by a huge misinformation campaign. And to think it was all so unnecessary. Self inflicted wound be fucked. Never known anything so ridiculous. This **** Johnson actually had plans for both camps and picked the one that suited his ambition best. Shameless ****

Can we not just place him in stocks in parliament square for 28 days and let Steve Bray sell rotten tomatoes to throw?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.