I see him coming back he is extremely popular with the people he will try!
The media were busy on his beatification with the likeness to Churchill
so switched off and will not watch anything of his journey up to Balmoral or later reruns of how badly he was treated by his party.
We await Truss and her Cabinet we already have a right wing government so don’t expect much for the poor

Is it wrong that my immediate thought was that Sturgeon would be in middle of the road as Truss was driven up, with a rocket launcher on her shoulder?

He ain't coming back unless there is an awful lot in it for him personally - he is too narcissistic - first chance he gets he flicks the party that loves him the vee's and goes off to make some money. In reality he should attend he should do a GPC speech and tell them to forget him and to get behind truss but he isn't even bothered about that

I know Lee isn't everyone's cup of tea but the darkness of this piece captures what a lot of people feel I think. The line “I am trapped on a dying island ringed by a shadow of human shit and Brexiters took away my right to escape it” is an angry, bleak and succinct summation of the situation for many. Invoking King Lear is apposite, as what we've allowed to be done to ourselves is like something from a Shakespearean tragedy.
Did you watch his 'Snowflake' show on BBC2 last night?

Did you watch his 'Snowflake' show on BBC2 last night?
Recorded it but not watched it yet, looking forward to it. I see he's got a new show 'Basic Lee', in London latter part of this year and then touring it in early 2023; somehow I doubt they'll be too much that's 'basic' about it.

I see him coming back he is extremely popular with the people he will try!
The media were busy on his beatification with the likeness to Churchill
so switched off and will not watch anything of his journey up to Balmoral or later reruns of how badly he was treated by his party.
We await Truss and her Cabinet we already have a right wing government so don’t expect much for the poor

A cold winter and a decent flu will kill off most of his supporters tbf.

Haha, post more Kurosawa.

Very quotable movie. I like the ending.

"Are there no gods... no Buddha? If you exist, hear me. You are mischievous and cruel! Are you so bored up there you must crush us like ants? Is it such fun to see men weep?"

"Enough! Do not blaspheme! It is the gods who weep. They see us killing each other over and over since time began. They can not save us from ourselves. Don't cry! It is how the world is made. Men prefer prefer sorrow over joy... suffering over peace"

"Great" men are the worst. They are either heroes, like Churchill, if someone else started the fight. Or, like Putin, they are doomed to bring more suffering, because the myth in them - and the effects of their leadership inevitably lead them to start a war, it's the path they've been walking all along.

Boris is just... no. Borrowed all the signifiers of such a man. People even believed there was a fight, and that somehow, we didn't start it almost out of nothing, and weren't being provoked to take that bait by the Putins.

He wouldn't fight, that's for sure. But he'd wave the flag. Worse, he'd happily watch us all endure misery, trauma, and loss, poor health, poor education, poor societal behaviour, because the threat of more chaos and suffering only exacerbates the appetite for shallow images that people mistake for leadership.

Why does it work that way? Because it does. It always has, always will. That's all you need to know. You cannot change it without seizing the moment after tragic, shocking events. There has to be a pause afterwards to let the lessons and grief and regret work. Then you must provide sustained education and investment in as many people as possible, for their benefit as humans - rather than the economy. Then people feel good enough about what they were given, and will be confident enough not to fall for the predictable pitfalls. They will be educated and smart enough to make an effort to defend the system that nurtured them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say something terrible happens today/ tomorrow which is before boris is officially booted and truss sees the queen, who takes charge ?
If it happens today it's Bojo. He's still PM until Liz accepts his resignation and allows RoboLiz to take over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.