He’s going to be found guilty of breaking the code and lying to parliament so he would have come under massive pressure to resign anyway. Presumably the 1922 just told him firmly No.
Yeah, he has shown he can’t think about anything but himself in all his roles.

If he saw a way to become PM again, he’d have taken it, whatever the consequences.

Doesn’t it portray the Tory party as one so desperate to stay in power that 30% of them were willing to back a man only just ousted from office by the same people that voted him out. All whilst there is an open misconduct inquiry about his time in office?

Don't forget about the various paternity suites lodged against him.....and his refusal to supply DNA to make those cases go away whilst at the same time denying the applications.

A man with a police charge and fine (and another current enquiry) challenging another man with a police charge and fine for the chance to work with the woman sacked for breaking the ministerial code and described as a threat to national security.
And some think that they are fit to govern us.
They don’t want to govern us, and never have, they just want to rule us which is quite different.

I imagine he’d have won the member vote and with all his baggage it would be chaos. I know few will believe it, I struggle to believe it, but maybe…just maybe he put the party/country first on this occasion. I’m sure he’ll spin it that way when he comes to the rescue when they get trounced next GE

Highly doubt that, think he just realised that it wasn’t worth the risk to him personally with that low a backing in the party.

Guardian (I think) reported today that Johnson becoming PM again would prevent him earning 10M a year on the schmoozing circuit.
We know he likes money, especially other people's money.

It's easy to imagine, even if there's no evidence, that he weighed up having 110 vs Sunak's 180, and also all the resignations before he finally waddled off into the sunset, and thought his love of money beat his love of power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.