Sunak has precious little rein over those he has in harness, let alone a backbencher like mustang Johnson. As I pointed out on another thread, the moment he starts bothering about him publicly is the moment others start talking about a leadership challenge. Next thing you know there’s a stalking horse, to torture the equine analogy further.
That's is one way to put it, and you are right that is a huge risk. He is a fucking nightmare for any PM, may had the same problem with him. The other risk is that Johnson is cosplaying as PM in a way that benefits him an hurts Sunak. Meeting Zelensky an the Daily Mail front page is him dictating what foreign policy should be on the world stage. Showing up in the US in this way is along the same vein.

He is in my opinion, cynically using the popularity of Zelensky and the war in Ukraine to relaunch himself as Boris the strong man who stands up to the dictators. That horseshit story about Putin and the missle is not designed to reveal how barbaric putin is, but how brave Johnson is.

That's is one way to put it, and you are right that is a huge risk. He is a fucking nightmare for any PM, may had the same problem with him. The other risk is that Johnson is cosplaying as PM in a way that benefits him an hurts Sunak. Meeting Zelensky an the Daily Mail front page is him dictating what foreign policy should be on the world stage. Showing up in the US in this way is along the same vein.

He is in my opinion, cynically using the popularity of Zelensky and the war in Ukraine to relaunch himself as Boris the strong man who stands up to the dictators. That horseshit story about Putin and the missle is not designed to reveal how barbaric putin is, but how brave Johnson is.
I know what you mean, but given that the Kremlin have denied it was said it must almost certainly be true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.