Apparently the reason Sue Gray resigned from the civil service is because the Cabinet Secretary Simon Case (top civil servant) vetoed her promotion to permanent secretary of Badenoch's department (Badenoch was keen). That ended her chance of promotion at any point and never having a shot at becoming Cabinet Secretary in due course - so she quit.

Oh, also the Times is reporting that Case was involved in the 800k loan facilitation, and then decided that it could be kept secret.

He's not got a lot of credibility left.
Process of pinning the whole COVID era on scapegoats unfolding nicely.

Glad if Case goes. Always seemed to me Heywood being experienced and settled in the role was highly inconvenient to Boris, who wanted total control. That's the Boris story. Anyone with any real clout has to go, he can't deal with it threatening him.

Having said that, I'm immediately suspicious. The BBC guy has to go. He really must. Absolute farce, Tories rigging the venerable institutions like that. They have to swear off it, put it all behind them.

Process of pinning the whole COVID era on scapegoats unfolding nicely.

Glad if Case goes. Always seemed to me Heywood being experienced and settled in the role was highly inconvenient to Boris, who wanted total control. That's the Boris story. Anyone with any real clout has to go, he can't deal with it threatening him.

Having said that, I'm immediately suspicious. The BBC guy has to go. He really must. Absolute farce, Tories rigging the venerable institutions like that. They have to swear off it, put it all behind them.

Absolutely - the move to let ministers hire their own permanent secretaries was dumb as it'll promote yes-men, and Case was thought to have been over-promoted. Surely the one thing the Cabinet Secretary needs is gravitas, and Case seems totally useless and way too involved with politics.

Sharp really is burnt as well, but there's no way to remove him as far as I know if the govt won't.

My job involves dealing with incredibly streetwise people. Some of them can be a bit sharp. Some of them are downright dishonest. Some have serious criminal form.

None of them could lay a glove on this ****. Devious, egotistical and sociopathic, and like most sociopaths, replete with charisma.

He‘s dishonest to his very core. Pathologically so. Whoever can’t see this has serious issues.

My job involves dealing with incredibly streetwise people. Some of them can be a bit sharp. Some of them are downright dishonest. Some have serious criminal form.

None of them could lay a glove on this ****. Devious, egotistical and sociopathic, and like most sociopaths, replete with charisma.

He‘s dishonest to his very core. Pathologically so. Whoever can’t see this has serious issues.
I first became aware of him on Have I Got News For You a good few years ago and I could immediately tell he was an entitled, bone idle, lying chancer. You're right he shows all the characteristics of a Sociopath. It seems his type appeal to populist politics and it invariably ends badly....hopefully the same fate as others of his ilk will befall this ****.

I first became aware of him on Have I Got News For You a good few years ago and I could immediately tell he was an entitled, bone idle, lying chancer. You're right he shows all the characteristics of a Sociopath. It seems his type appeal to populist politics and it invariably ends badly....hopefully the same fate as others of his ilk will befall this ****.
Thing is, was with a punter this week who described him as ‘good old Boris’. Thoroughly decent working class woman. There’s no denying his appeal to some, and from all backgrounds. That’s undeniable, given all his manifest faults. Some people can’t see past his putative charm. It’s a fucking cult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.