Over the years, I've talked to hundreds of non-voters. I know what they say.
It doesn’t matter. Moaning about people voting a different way to you isn’t going to help you.

Lessons are never learned, insulting people because they chose differently to you is going to make them do it again and again.

People who abstain from usual elections but voted leave in the referendum, had just as much right to be in that booth and put their x next to which ever choice they decided, as you did.

It doesn’t matter. Moaning about people voting a different way to you isn’t going to help you.

Lessons are never learned, insulting people because they chose differently to you is going to make them do it again and again.

People who abstain from usual elections but voted leave in the referendum, had just as much right to be in that booth and put their x next to which ever choice they decided, as you did.
You either rejoice that people who'd never voted before thought it was important enough to turn out, or you realise that they were (mostly) people who, never having bothered to vote before, were uninformed about political issues and least likely to understand this most important of political issues.

And it's not an insult to non-voters to respect their non-voting by never wanting to try and persuade them to change the habit of a lifetime. They do do it again and again - not vote. I'm not going to waste time trying to persuade them, maybe check once a decade.

It's not my business, you say. What do you think canvassing is for? You can tell me you won't say who you're voting for (and I probably won't call you again for five years) but we do know who doesn't vote (including the ones who say they will vote for us).

You either rejoice that people who'd never voted before thought it was important enough to turn out, or you realise that they were (mostly) people who, never having bothered to vote before, were uninformed about political issues and least likely to understand this most important of political issues.

And it's not an insult to non-voters to respect their non-voting by never wanting to try and persuade them to change the habit of a lifetime. They do do it again and again - not vote. I'm not going to waste time trying to persuade them, maybe check once a decade.

It's not my business, you say. What do you think canvassing is for? You can tell me you won't say who you're voting for (and I probably won't call you again for five years) but we do know who doesn't vote (including the ones who say they will vote for us).
How do you know they were uninformed? Did you screen everyone before they went into the booth?

I don’t rejoice, I let people get on with it. If they don’t want to vote it’s none of my business and who they vote for is none of my business.

Canvassing should be used to try and persuade, if any fucker knocks on my door and asks who I am voting for, whether he/she are red,blue, yellow, green, I’d tell them it’s none of their bloody business.

Here's a hypothetical situation for you.

Say a major news event has occured a few hours ago. Protocol dictates the PM must be briefed first. Social media is going bananas over if it's true or not Yet they can't locate them as they've slipped their lead and at a party hosted by a Russian oligarch breaking Covid restrictions? And it's not the first time this has occured.

Should they really be in the role of being the PM?

How do you know they were uninformed? Did you screen everyone before they went into the booth?

I don’t rejoice, I let people get on with it. If they don’t want to vote it’s none of my business and who they vote for is none of my business.

Canvassing should be used to try and persuade, if any fucker knocks on my door and asks who I am voting for, whether he/she are red,blue, yellow, green, I’d tell them it’s none of their bloody business.
Good. I'd not want to waste time trying to persuade you of anything.

(And don't say that's an insult. It's a wise use of my time when I could be talking to someone else.)

(And don't say that's an insult. It's a wise use of my time when I could be talking to someone else.)
You’ve no chance of persuading me of anything, I’ve read your posts for several years.

But ignoring you and I... there’s nothing wrong with trying to persuade others and offering what your party can do for people but what happens with the individual in that booth is nobody else’s business, other than those counting the anonymous vote.

You are best off waiting until he converts to Islam in time for the next election , then he is bound to vote Labour. Might even join you on your canvassing rounds.

;)

Bury the times story by telling everyone they'll get their vaccination by end of July.

He just didn't say of that was July this year...

You are best off waiting until he converts to Islam in time for the next election , then he is bound to vote Labour. Might even join you on your canvassing rounds.

;)
There’s more chance of me incinerating my season card at City and buying one for both Old Trafford and Anfield for the 2021/2022 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.