Alexei Navalny dead

You have to look past the propaganda but amnesty seems to have reinstated his blue peter badge.

He did call Muslims "cockroaches". That isn't propaganda. I don't think Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon Al-Mubarak are cockroaches. If Alexei Navalny was an English politician, he would not get favourable coverage whatsoever. As I say, his opposition to Putin is brave and admirable but that does not make him a hero.

Select quotes:

"In one notorious 2007 video, he equates Muslim militants with “cockroaches” that can only be dealt with by exterminating them. In another from 2011, he depicts himself as an unapologetic nationalist who will deport non-White immigrants from Central Asia and the Caucasus by ruthlessly deporting them."

"Navalny could easily resolve matters by taking a clear stand. But as recently as December, in an interview with economist Sergei Guriev, he has instead tried to fudge the issue. He also dodged it in this 2019 interview with the Financial Times — in which he repeatedly and gratuitously uses a Russian slur for gay people."

He did call Muslims "cockroaches". That isn't propaganda. I don't think Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon Al-Mubarak are cockroaches. If Alexei Navalny was an English politician, he would not get favourable coverage whatsoever. As I say, his opposition to Putin is brave and admirable but that does not make him a hero.

Amnesty international seem to have had a rethink on their original position on it. As I said, look past the propaganda.

Sounds a bit of a rum **** but he's no Julius Malema.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.