Alexis Mac Allister

Ok.......you have repeated yourself now on a couple of occasions,so you clearly need educating on the matter.

He is lacking the experience as he is only 24.....but technically he is very similar to Gundo,but with a better engine and physically stronger.He is also the driving force/heartbeat for an over achieving Brighton side and a World Cup winning National team.

To state he is 'nowhere' near the level of Berne or Gundo is nonsense,he very much already has the ability and mentality to be a success here and further develop under Pep while learning from KDB and Rodri.
Sorry I just don't see it, I see the engine but not the skill levels it is all about opinion, if Pep wants him, then I'm wrong and I'm sure Pep will make him a worldie when I watch him I just don't get the hype and he doesn't have Gundos game reading and intelligence which will improve with age whoever we get will have my support.

Sorry I just don't see it, I see the engine but not the skill levels it is all about opinion, if Pep wants him, then I'm wrong and I'm sure Pep will make him a worldie when I watch him I just don't get the hype and he doesn't have Gundos game reading and intelligence which will improve with age whoever we get will have my support.
How much have you watched him? genuinely?

would love him here but I am not sure pep will play the same system next year. could see us going for overlapping fbs to play more to haalands strengths. at the moment he would be a no brainer in the gundo role but I am pretty sure we also briefed the press that we are not in for him after the world cup (?). why would we do that if he was on our list of potential targets?
I love the way Pep is always changing systems keeping everyone on there toes, next season I believe we will have overlapping goalies

How much have you watched him? genuinely?
World cup all their games made a point of watching games with players we're linked with, the Arse game yesterday the same feelings came through, now as I've said before Rice does impress mainly because of his defensive side I just like what I see,
I know the position is different and I'm not trying to compare the two, just one I like, the other is not for me, if we go for him then I'm wrong, because I trust the management.
I'll also add I didn't rate this Kompany guy when we 1st got him boy did I get that fuckin wrong lol

World cup all their games made a point of watching games with players we're linked with, the Arse game yesterday the same feelings came through, now as I've said before Rice does impress mainly because of his defensive side I just like what I see,
I know the position is different and I'm not trying to compare the two, just one I like, the other is not for me, if we go for him then I'm wrong, because I trust the management.

Ive watched alot of him this season because i live his attitude and ability.

He orchestrates and dictates and finds the passes in tight spaces just like Gundo,he also protects the ball brilliantly and turns players with his body strength.He will retain possession and play backwards when required but he always has an eye for the incisive defence splitter too.

He scores goals,plenty of pens in fairness....and hasnt yet learnt the trick of popping up in the box unnoticed......but in most aspects,he really is a Gundo clone.

Plus he's Argentinian,and we cant get enough of them!

The thing with Rice is that I just don't get how he's not just going to be stepping on Rodri's toes. He'd be too expensive to be a backup, and we could play with two pivot players, but then we lose the benefit we've had this season of that genuinely being an extra player from the defence. I could only see us playing Rodri and Rice together if we were also going to buy two really attacking full backs.

I watched this video earlier.

There's an interesting graph at about 20 seconds that shows his recoveries per 90 and his passes into the final third. His recoveries are almost exactly the same as Rodri, but his passes into the final third are significantly lower. Perhaps that's more a reflection of who Rodri plays for, to be fair. I like Rice, but he seems too similar to me.

What we're arguably looking for is a replacement for Gundogan, and I think MacAllister fits that mould a bit more. Anyway, I'm sure Pep and Txiki know what they're doing and whoever they buy will be great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.