Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be underestimating the impact on morale. Premiership games can be wars. You need a united dressing room. If the dressing room knows a player is on his way, and especially if that player is as influential as Sanchez I think the message it sends is terrible. Technically you might think better to have him than not, but I don't think it's as simple as that.

We won't be a better team without him. Or get better results. That's what it should boil down to.

At no stage was John Stone on the level of Sanchez. He was a young kid who you might expect to go pieces if unhappy.
Sanchez is totally different, I don't think he was happy last season, still won us the cup.
Stones was influential at Everton. he was their hope for the future. Sanchez is even more fundamental for Arsenal. last season Arsenal fans and players could still envision Sanchez as a Gooner. He's on his way now. Only question is how long it takes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if his agent already has propositions from European clubs

We got a far better chance with him than without him.
An unhappy Sanchez is still better than no Sanchez.

Rather than keeping an unhappy player the board need to put their hands in their pockets and really back Wenger. Looks like Liverpool could nip in and take lemar after all Arsenals haggling with Monaco.

This is why Sanchez wants to leave in the first place.

Players seem to leave this as a last resort. This transfer request maybe media speculation, but by the end of this week we'll probably know whether the transfer is on or not.

Start of the window we had 3 scenarios:-
  1. He extends his Arsenal contract
  2. Summer Transfer
  3. Lets his Arsenal deal wind down and moves on a free
We're now down to options 2 and 3. 3 is the worst scenario for Arsenal because it will be a focus for unrest all season. How is Sanchez going to demand more from players around him if he's leaving? It will change the dynamic of the dressing room. It will just be a slow drip of bad rumours throughout the season, culminating in news of which club he's joining. Something to avoid at all costs.
Your 3 options are correct and as a result of this week's events, option 1 is less likely. Option 3 was never going to be allowed to happen and the people assuming Wenger has any choice in the matter are deluded. It's the hope that kills you Gooners.

Stones was influential at Everton. he was their hope for the future. Sanchez is even more fundamental for Arsenal. last season Arsenal fans and players could still envision Sanchez as a Gooner. He's on his way now. Only question is how long it takes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if his agent already has propositions from European clubs

If he plays for us this season I've no doubt he ll again be one of the best players in the league.
That's the only thing the fans need to envision.

TBF I can totally understand Arsenal fans as if it was us we would be hoping our most influential player stays.

Still I can't see the point in keeping a unhappy player who wants away.

It's like being in a relationship the other person doesn't want to be in, you know it's going to end sometime and how the hell can you trust them.

IMO a fee will eventually be agreed and Arsenal will get in a replacement but this is some time away yet

I think it will be a big mistake to keep a player whose heart is no longer in the club. I remember watching a similar scenario unfold with John Stones at Everton. Chelsea came in for him one Summer. Bids came in one after another. Everton turned them all down, and he eventually submitted a transfer request, which Everton turned down and next season his game went to pieces and so did Everton with Martinez losing his job. I am sure there are many others.

Equally Marv, there are examples of players not getting their move & playing blinders the following season. As we've discussed before, its a gamble whatever happens. Not sure about Wengers comments about having so many coming to the end of their contract, i would have thought they would have tied a couple up by now, or perhaps they are looking to wait until the transfer business has been concluded? I've no idea what the strategy is here, don't forget, it's not only Wenger that's under pressure this summer, the Chief Exec Ivan Gazidas is too.

Cant you rig the table ?? you lot are good at that.. Lol
DF_99iRWAAA6Xjq.jpg

Winning without winning......everyone is a winner! :-)

Rather than keeping an unhappy player the board need to put their hands in their pockets and really back Wenger. Looks like Liverpool could nip in and take lemar after all Arsenals haggling with Monaco.

This is why Sanchez wants to leave in the first place.

Lemar is nowhere near Sanchez .
I don't blame Sanchez for wanting to leave, I'd want to do the same if I had his talent.
But then if I had a contract, I can't just leave.

I think we will get him but Arsenal will drag it out and get £60m (well worth the fee).

They are trying to move to get his replacement with their pursuit of Lemar.

Just a matter of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.