Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not covered by "anything" then?

The point still stands about no one predicting that youll achieve so little given the team youve had. There are multiple posts about Arsenal not winning serious trophies so Sanchez wants to leave, and now everyone is bringing up the league cup.... What a strange conversation.

Im not having a go, I predict Man city to win the league every season, and Im doing it again this season, Im generally wrong every season. Even Leciester won the league, so giving Arsenal a ceiling on what we can do, and coming up with scenarios of impending disaster if Sanchez stays....doesnt mean its going to work like that.
The year leicester won you had a pretty much clear run at it except for spurs and you couldn't even do it then,you can't step up when you get the chance,4th is your trophy except last season...

The year leicester won you had a pretty much clear run at it except for spurs and you couldn't even do it then,you can't step up when you get the chance,4th is your trophy except last season...

You had a better team than us.

I don't get this 'Arsenal are miles behind Utd'. It could transpire that way, but we've finished ahead of them since Fergie left. It seems to me that there are 2 tables a season, the actual league table and then the fans transfer window table. I'd let the season start and settle before proclaiming certain teams definitely better than others just now.

That's mainly due to Mourinho and co. failing spectacularly. Of course, it may turn out differently, the best teams/squads on paper don't always win, there's many other factors to consider and we don't know what will happen during the season but going off the talent in the squad before the season starts, Arsenal aren't even close with or without Sanchez.

I see a lot of Arsenal fans saying "lets keep Sanchez and push for the title this season" i don't think anybody that isn't an Arsenal fan thinks that is even remotely likely. How many of the Arsenal squad would get in Chelsea's side? Sanchez would, Bellerin would, possibly Koscielny at a push but that's it. who would make their squad? an argument can be made for maybe another handful at most. Arsenal aren't 1/2 players away from challenging, they've only got 1/2 players capable of challenging.

Ability wise, looking at the squads right now, City and Chelsea are comfortably above the rest and should be 1/2 this season. United will get top 4 boring teams to death with Fat Sam's Bolton tactics and playing the percentages. If you defend with 11 men and pump enough balls into the box for the big men you'll win enough games for that. Then there's not an awful lot between the other 3. Spurs had stability and consistency with their squad and manager last year which gave them a big advantage, something that i don't think will be as beneficial to them this season now that managers of other teams are more settled, they have the better 11 from the 3 teams but their depth is lacking, 1/2 injuries in key positions could seriously damage them. Liverpool are in a similar situation, they didn't have Europe to contend with last season and probably overachieved slightly given their squad, they needed to spend big just to stay where they were imo, as yet, they haven't signed enough quality or quantity to cope with the extra demands will drop off.

The classy thing to do would have put your hand up re a genuine mistake. Instead you are coming over as a bit of a dick :-)
My point was about predictions being wrong.
I am sorry that I forgot about the league cup
I actually remember that game well, Caballero saved a few pens , I think it ended 1-1, with liverpool.

For a team who is supposed to be a major force in Europe, you seem awfully proud of that solitary league cup win. On pens may I add.

The point still stands about no one predicting that youll achieve so little given the team youve had. There are multiple posts about Arsenal not winning serious trophies so Sanchez wants to leave, and now everyone is bringing up the league cup.... What a strange conversation.
Not got the manners to admit you were wrong then? Typical arrogant Arsenal fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.