Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a replacement for him, next summer. Selling him and getting lemar or mahrez would be like selling RvP and signing Giroud. Taking the safe option backwards.
We're not exactly getting relegated if keeping him backfires.
On the other hand, he could play his best football ever to get more suitors as a free agent next summer, him Lacazette and Ozil as a front 3 is as good as any in the league. A very exciting front line that's worth taking a risk to field .

It isn't but I get your point.

However, a few bad performances & you are relying on two of your 3 'best in the league' attackers, who don't especially want to be there, turning it round.

Ludicrous situation & as bad management as it's possible to imagine.

I want a replacement for him, next summer. Selling him and getting lemar or mahrez would be like selling RvP and signing Giroud. Taking the safe option backwards.
We're not exactly getting relegated if keeping him backfires.
On the other hand, he could play his best football ever to get more suitors as a free agent next summer, him Lacazette and Ozil as a front 3 is as good as any in the league. A very exciting front line that's worth taking a risk to field .

Even if you kept Sanchez, he had a season similar to last season, Ozil decided to turn up more than once every dozen games and Lacazette hit the ground running and hit 20 league goals the very best you could hope for is top 4 and a domestic cup. Arsenal are miles behind Chelsea,City and United, would take a monumental cock up from all three teams for Arsenal to do any better which just isn't going to happen.

With the way the summer has gone for both Spurs and Liverpool so far, there's an opening for 4th this season if not much happens this next month. Liverpool will suffer from having a tiny/crap squad with Europe to contend with too and their signings so far have been "meh" at best and they could be about to lose their best player. Spurs haven't signed anybody and don't really look like improving their starting 11, they'll sign squad players. You can't stay still at the top, you need to improve every year, it's been proven many times, even if you win the league with ease if you don't improve you'll find yourself miles away next season and Spurs look like doing just that at present, plus there's the whole Wembley thing which means Arsenal don't have to be that great this season to get 4th even without Sanchez. Taking the £50 million now, getting in a replacement and buying a few more players should be enough to secure 4th which is the best you can hope for with Sanchez and this way you get a fee for him.

All summer i've got why Wenger refuses to let him go this window, always maintained it's best for Arsenal to lose him on a free and get 4th place back but looking at the bigger picture now, 4th isn't looking that difficult which means Arsenal would be mental to reject £50 million when all you're achieving from it is making a relatively achievable goal a little bit easier with virtually zero chance of doing any better regardless off what your most optimistic of fans think is possible.

Even if you kept Sanchez, he had a season similar to last season, Ozil decided to turn up more than once every dozen games and Lacazette hit the ground running and hit 20 league goals the very best you could hope for is top 4 and a domestic cup. Arsenal are miles behind Chelsea,City and United, would take a monumental cock up from all three teams for Arsenal to do any better which just isn't going to happen.

With the way the summer has gone for both Spurs and Liverpool so far, there's an opening for 4th this season if not much happens this next month. Liverpool will suffer from having a tiny/crap squad with Europe to contend with too and their signings so far have been "meh" at best and they could be about to lose their best player. Spurs haven't signed anybody and don't really look like improving their starting 11, they'll sign squad players. You can't stay still at the top, you need to improve every year, it's been proven many times, even if you win the league with ease if you don't improve you'll find yourself miles away next season and Spurs look like doing just that at present, plus there's the whole Wembley thing which means Arsenal don't have to be that great this season to get 4th even without Sanchez. Taking the £50 million now, getting in a replacement and buying a few more players should be enough to secure 4th which is the best you can hope for with Sanchez and this way you get a fee for him.

All summer i've got why Wenger refuses to let him go this window, always maintained it's best for Arsenal to lose him on a free and get 4th place back but looking at the bigger picture now, 4th isn't looking that difficult which means Arsenal would be mental to reject £50 million when all you're achieving from it is making a relatively achievable goal a little bit easier with virtually zero chance of doing any better regardless off what your most optimistic of fans think is possible.

I don't get this 'Arsenal are miles behind Utd'. It could transpire that way, but we've finished ahead of them since Fergie left. It seems to me that there are 2 tables a season, the actual league table and then the fans transfer window table. I'd let the season start and settle before proclaiming certain teams definitely better than others just now.

This all day, the only club who's bogey ground is their own. lololololol
Actually, Maine Road was our bogey ground back in the late 90s. There was such a poisonous atmosphere that players were terrified of making mistakes and our away form was better than our home. This was the end of the Franny Lee era.

I don't get this 'Arsenal are miles behind Utd'. It could transpire that way, but we've finished ahead of them since Fergie left. It seems to me that there are 2 tables a season, the actual league table and then the fans transfer window table. I'd let the season start and settle before proclaiming certain teams definitely better than others just now.

Who would have thought City would have won nothing last season,or go 3 seasons without winning anything. Everyone is giving their worse scenario for Arsenal, but if city sign Sanchez and flop again, Pep will be out of a job and the fans will be melting down at signing a 6th forward instead of a world class central defender or 2.
Anyone can make predictions. Its neither here nor there.

Who would have thought City would have won nothing last season,or go 3 seasons without winning anything. Everyone is giving their worse scenario for Arsenal, but if city sign Sanchez and flop again, Pep will be out of a job and the fans will be melting down at signing a 6th forward instead of a world class central defender or 2.
Other than the League Cup in 15/16 you mean?

You obviously don't remember the trophy we won last year then, no?

As you state, who would have thought City would go three seasons without winning anything.

You obviously don't remember the trophy we won last year then, no?

As you state, who would have thought City would go three seasons without winning anything.
Lying on my sun lounger pressing refresh like an addict waiting for TH to make an appearance. What's the latest on any news TH. thanks Rich.

Not good pal,not good at all.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.