Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough fella but surely there is also mention of CL football in it somewhere.
Why would there be. If there was a CL release clause then so be it, there would be no argument, but there obviously wasn't, so CL football doesn't really come into the equation,

Anyway, CL football is a convenient excuse, this was coming regardless.

Players should respect the contract they signed.
Agreed but players are human beings who might want to move club at some point in what is a short career. As long as he doesn't go on strike or anything then he is respecting his contract IMO. But if Sanchez puts in a transfer request then at what point should Arsenal respect the man and his wishes?

Aguero was world class at Atletico Madrid.
Yaya Toure world class at Barca
In their defence, those signings were soon after the takeover. The owners inherited a club that would have gone nowhere without some heavy initial investment, and what message would it send to the fans if the worlds richest football club owners don't open their wallets to build the team.

Why would there be. If there was a CL release clause then so be it, there would be no argument, but there obviously wasn't, so CL football doesn't really come into the equation,

Anyway, CL football is a convenient excuse, this was coming regardless.

I dont think its an excuse, I think Sanchez genuinely wants to play CL football, hes not got too many years left at the top.
Unfortunately it seems we are not going to accommodate his wishes, a few years ago he was unwanted by Barca and only us and Liverpool came in for him, We have helped him re establish himself as a world class player and the least he could do is honour his contract, it seems like a fair resolution.

In their defence, those signings were soon after the takeover. The owners inherited a club that would have gone nowhere without some heavy initial investment.

There is nothing wrong with signing world class players, I wish we did it sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.