Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think City tee-up deals in advance. when it suits us?

We did it with Pep.

Incidentally, I don't think any money would change hands this summer between us and Monaco, simply a binding agreement between all the relevant parties.

Mbappe is the most in-demand young player in world football, so perhaps we need to compromise when we can take him.

It would also lend itself as to why Sergio would stay this year, yet we are in the market for Sanchez and Mbappe this summer?
Like the other poster I'm not sure a loan back would be feasible, given the sums involved, nor would a binding agreement be likely due to unforeseeables like injury. However, maybe Mangala and Nasri could be useful sweeteners if we sent them there on loan, giving us first refusal next year if we match the best offer. They'll be short on a couple of players after their outgoings and although creative deals like this Rarely come off, you would think both players could be up for it.

Like the other poster I'm not sure a loan back would be feasible, given the sums involved, nor would a binding agreement be likely due to unforeseeables like injury. However, maybe Mangala and Nasri could be useful sweeteners if we sent them there on loan, giving us first refusal next year if we match the best offer. They'll be short on a couple of players after their outgoings and although creative deals like this Rarely come off, you would think both players could be up for it.

It could be an agreement based on him passing the medical.

Problem solved.

It could be an agreement based on him passing the medical.

Problem solved.
Possible but it's not the only reason it would be difficult. The player for starters - if he's staying, I doubt the he would want to commit his future 12 months sooner than he needs to and he may have his heart set on Madrid. Not many negatives from Monaco's point of view though. Just a thought.

This matching the best offer next year scenario makes us into a bit of a hostage to fortune. It'd be an open auction and the price would become exorbitant ( as if it wasn't now). If we really want him and can get it done now for next season then that's what we need to do.

This matching the best offer next year scenario makes us into a bit of a hostage to fortune. It'd be an open auction and the price would become exorbitant ( as if it wasn't now). If we really want him and can get it done now for next season then that's what we need to do.
Not really. Likely as not we'll have to match the best offer whenever we sign him. If we can offer incentives now that others can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.