Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Likely as not we'll have to match the best offer whenever we sign him. If we can offer incentives now that others can't...
It all depends on how next season goes for him. Because of the speculation this window, all eyes are going to be on him next season. If he has a good season then the competition for his signature is going to be intense and there'll be a lot more clubs in for him than there is this year. They'll have had a year to look at him and to get their finances in place and the price will go through the roof.

Seems quite feasible to me what TH is suggesting.

After all we got B.Silva with a minimum of fuss so we know them very well at Monaco.
Also seems unlikely we could fund the large sum involved for Mb. this window so delayed payment at least as far as City are concerned is probably needed to avoid the FFP police.

Regarding Sanchez surely all are playing it for the fans at Arsenal, money talks and I cannot see Mr K. forfeiting a multi million deal for the sake of Mr W. all has been sorted I'm sure but if not we will just have to score our goals without Mr Sanchez on our way to the title.

It all depends on how next season goes for him. Because of the speculation this window, all eyes are going to be on him next season. If he has a good season then the competition for his signature is going to be intense and there'll be a lot more clubs in for him than there is this year. They'll have had a year to look at him and to get their finances in place and the price will go through the roof.

I don't think there will ever be more than 3-4 clubs in for him as only that many will pay what he is likely to go for. We are one of those.

Fair comment. I'm pretty sure all eyes are on him now but if he stays at Monaco for a year his most likely destination would be Madrid, especially if the rumours about having to sell one of Bale or Benzema are true. So I agree that this is the best time to get him, in terms of having a first refusal agreement in place.. Maybe if we could offer them something different? I suppose it depends where the player wants to go. I believe the player only has 2 years left on his contract too, so it makes sense for Monaco to sell/agree to sell now if he won't sign another contract.

TH's plan seems a little idealistic. For every Pep where a deal agreed in advance does go through, I imagine there's at least one Alves where it doesn't for one reason or another.

Fair comment. I'm pretty sure all eyes are on him now but if he stays at Monaco for a year his most likely destination would be Madrid, especially if the rumours about having to sell one of Bale or Benzema are true. So I agree that this is the best time to get him, in terms of having a first refusal agreement in place.. Maybe if we could offer them something different? I suppose it depends where the player wants to go. I believe the player only has 2 years left on his contract too, so it makes sense for Monaco to sell/agree to sell now if he won't sign another contract.

From our owners point of view he was an RM supporter anyway before buying City so he would probably have to stump up funding for his purchase if RM buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.