Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be an understanding between City and Arsenal about Sanchez which includes allowing Arsenal and Wenger to play out a pantomime of trying their hardest to keep him and make him the villain. City would not of sold Kelechi still holding any risk we were not getting Sanchez. There is no back up or alternatives in Txiki back pocket.

Mbappe is an opportunist possibility that doesn't affect any other plans
Perhaps you are right, but I can't envisage an agreement between City and Arsenal for them to sell their best player to us.

Wenger seems a desperate man, prepared to give it all or nothing. We are one of his biggest rivals. We would not sell to Chelsea, United etc given a choice.

Leicester may have given us an ultimatum, that they would look elsewhere if Nacho was not sold in time to train with them before the season?

It may have been a gamble for Txiki but having an extra £25m in the bank may have seemed a gamble worth taking at that point in time.

Certainly not. I really honestly think it would be better for Arsenal (in the long run) to sell Sanchez and Özil now, and rebuild the team around new players. Forcing them to stay is quite a gamble which may cost a lot of money and time (where you are not rebuilding).

See my post on the previous page in reply to Neville Kneville mate, pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Certainly not. I really honestly think it would be better for Arsenal (in the long run) to sell Sanchez and Özil now, and rebuild the team around new players. Forcing them to stay is quite a gamble which may cost a lot of money and time (where you are not rebuilding).

Totally agree but Arsenal (read: Wenger) are in total denial for the position they find themselves in. There best player wants out, he wants to play at the highest level which Arsenal cannot offer domestically or internationally. What signal does it send if he sells Sanchez to a domestic rival? Bit of an indictment of the squad he has built and its' current state when Sanchez wants to walk. He just buries his head in the sand rather than use the line most clubs use, "not keeping a player who no longer wants to stay".

Big clubs have no problem retaining the best talent. If Arsenal cannot, what does that make them?

Totally agree but Arsenal (read: Wenger) are in total denial for the position they find themselves in. There best player wants out, he wants to play at the highest level which Arsenal cannot offer domestically or internationally. What signal does it send if he sells Sanchez to a domestic rival? Bit of an indictment of the squad he has built and its' current state when Sanchez wants to walk. He just buries his head in the sand rather than use the line most clubs use, "not keeping a player who no longer wants to stay".

Big clubs have no problem retaining the best talent. If Arsenal cannot, what does that make them?
You've just explained why they would want to make a statement and hold on to Sanchez and Ozil for another year.

There's plenty clubs that would have Sanchez at the drop of a hat,I've no doubt he's also had many offers.
If he was interested in anywhere but City,he'd of been sold by now,just to keep him away from any rivals.
Surely him still being at Arsenal tells us something?

You've just explained why they would want to make a statement and hold on to Sanchez and Ozil for another year.

Maybe I should have clarified, it doesn't make you a big club to forcefully retain your top talent. I think Arsenal are at a real crossroads here. I personally wouldn't want a player at the club who no longer wants to be there.

I know what you're saying, but the bit I don't agree with is that he isn't good enough. Good enough for what? To be our leading striker at any time soon, then no probably not (but who knows, he is young.) But as a back up? Then yes, I think he is good enough. He's pretty darned useful at coming on and making things happen, and *crucially* at taking his chances when they arrive - something which seems to be a rare commodity amongst all our players.

think he'll light up the league when he's a regular starter at Leicester. 20+ goals in his first season there I reckon, and more the season after.
I agree he would be useful as a back up but he has ambition to play and start games at the highest level and we can't provide him that. At his age he needs games to prove himself. I'd be very surprised if he gets 20 goals at Leicester tbh because they don't create enough chances like we do and there style of play will not see suit him IMO. He'd be more suited to actual footballing side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.