Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy doesn't suit your style of football. He's suited to teams who play against attacking sides who leave a lot of space behind. Anyone facing Man City doesn't do that as it would be suicide. He'd spend the game running into dead ends.

Simply because he is someone that would be available, happy to play back up role, good recent record, Leicester have had their day, he's lightning quick, relatively cheap, will score plenty from the chances he'd get.

There are others of course, but he's the sort we should be looking at as a back-up to missing out on Sanchez. Proven in Premier League to tide us over til ne t summer.

Happy to be backup? He's as far removed from a Guardiola type forward that you could possibly get.

Let's say I'm wrong on that and he's right up Pep's street, how much do you think Leicester would accept? I'd say they'd try rinse us, for someone that will just tide us over until next summer it would seem a rather expensive and silly move.

Vardy doesn't suit your style of football. He's suited to teams who play against attacking sides who leave a lot of space behind. Anyone facing Man City doesn't do that as it would be suicide. He'd spend the game running into dead ends.

Yep; we don't play against many high lines

Agree completely, not suited to us at all. Just like Bony haha.

"Others" like who?

I'll leave that to the DOF. I could list off a bunch of names but ultimately with a lack of names in the papers we have no idea who we're looking at if anybody. The thing is, they don't need to be as good as Sanchez, obviously Sanchez is the bar but if he isn't viable we need somebody. It's the one area i think we can probably afford to settle for a plan B option just because even a good solid player in the mould Pep wants (which is key) would thrive with the kind of talent we have behind them.

There must be an understanding between City and Arsenal about Sanchez which includes allowing Arsenal and Wenger to play out a pantomime of trying their hardest to keep him and make him the villain. City would not of sold Kelechi still holding any risk we were not getting Sanchez. There is no back up or alternatives in Txiki back pocket.

Mbappe is an opportunist possibility that doesn't affect any other plans

Presumably because like every club pre season they think they can improve on last years performance. Or would we be better just giving up?
Certainly not. I really honestly think it would be better for Arsenal (in the long run) to sell Sanchez and Özil now, and rebuild the team around new players. Forcing them to stay is quite a gamble which may cost a lot of money and time (where you are not rebuilding).

There must be an understanding between City and Arsenal about Sanchez which includes allowing Arsenal and Wenger to play out a pantomime of trying their hardest to keep him and make him the villain. City would not of sold Kelechi still holding any risk we were not getting Sanchez. There is no back up or alternatives in Txiki back pocket.

Mbappe is an opportunist possibility that doesn't affect any other plans

Not sure there are no backups for failure to get Mr S. but you may be right about the current posturing.

My worry is that if we needed him and his goalscoring skills it demonstrates just how little faith Pep has in the art of goal scoring with his current expensive attack.
We will still generate many, many chances to shoot its converting these chances that we have had difficulty with, lets hope this time has passed.

Happy to be backup? He's as far removed from a Guardiola type forward that you could possibly get.

Let's say I'm wrong on that and he's right up Pep's street, how much do you think Leicester would accept? I'd say they'd try rinse us, for someone that will just tide us over until next summer it would seem a rather expensive and silly move.
You're right about the price, but then everyone takes us for a ride, or at least tries to. Maybe there's a big name up Txiki's sleeve, hope so - but 20m for Vardy versus 60m for Lewandowski or Aubameyang all late 20s?

My point is - not many Pep type strikers about and if they've been banking on Sanchez and it goes sideways as I reckon it will, we defo need a back-up third striker coz two won't get us through, despite having a couple of 'false 9s' in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.