Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's simply no way they will hold on to him.

IF they did, every single move by Arsenal goes under the microscope.

Results not going there way? Unhappy player in dressing room against his will, should have sold.

Injury to Sanchez? Should have sold.

IF they sell him, (which they will) every single problem they encounter this year can be brushed off and the blame pointed at Alexis "The mercenary".

There's simply no way the club don't choose that narrative and take 50 million euro for their troubles.
It makes perfect sense for Arsenal to sell, but whether they will or not is still up for debate in this crazy summer.

The smart money will be on this dragging on until the final day, with Sanchez being 'injured' or not deemed 'fit enough' to play after the Confeds Cup. We'll settle on a price & Arsenal will give Monaco the £50m they want for Lamar & Arsenal can blame the whole thing on being held hostage by Sanchez & having no other option but to sell.

However, would you bet next months wage on this definitely being the case? I wouldn't as Arsenal don;t exactly need the money & could afford Lemar regardless.

For political reasons Arsenal could make Sanchez see out the final year of his contract in the hope that a front 3 of Lemar, Lacazette & Sanchez will get them back into the CL next season & probably help pick up a cup or 2 next season. It's a distinct possibility mate which is why I never get twisted over transfers in the window... The annual Isco saga finished me off! Loool :-)

I love it when people post the obligatory "time to move on now" diatribe.

One would almost think Txiki and co are checking the boards saying "Yeah, so and so from Bluemoon reckons it's time to move on, best finish up here lads."

Thank god they don't adopt the same attitude, or else nothing would ever get done.

Barca could feasibly make a bid for Hazard. Doubt they would take Sanchez back. They could make a move for Kun and he might not mind playing with Lionel. Throw in Coutinho and they still have change.

Where this leaves us is not quite so clear. Mbappe probably did not see this coming and therefore is unlikely to ditch Madrid/City just because Barca are suddenly minted.

It makes perfect sense for Arsenal to sell, but whether they will or not is still up for debate in this crazy summer.

The smart money will be on this dragging on until the final day, with Sanchez being 'injured' or not deemed 'fit enough' to play after the Confeds Cup. We'll settle on a price & Arsenal will give Monaco the £50m they want for Lamar & Arsenal can blame the whole thing on being held hostage by Sanchez & having no other option but to sell.

However, would you bet next months wage on this definitely being the case? I wouldn't as Arsenal don;t exactly need the money & could afford Lemar regardless.

For political reasons Arsenal could make Sanchez see out the final year of his contract in the hope that a front 3 of Lemar, Lacazette & Sanchez will get them back into the CL next season & probably help pick up a cup or 2 next season. It's a distinct possibility mate which is why I never get twisted over transfers in the window... Isco finished me off! Loool :-)

See the Lemar thing is the interesting one. We kind of have both clubs over a barrel on this one. It's very muddy.

IF we buy Mbappe, Lemar is going nowhere. So Arsenal allow us to take Sanchez, then try get Lemar from Monaco.

BUT, I think we want Mbappe first and foremost and Monaco will not sell both him and Lemar to Arsenal, so there's a very complex chess match at play here.

If the Neymar deal to PSG goes through I would let Arsenal know that they have 2 days to sanction Sanchez to us at the offered price or accept £10m less from then to the end of transfer window or just let him walk for nothing next June. City must hold all the cards here, once PSG have Neymar we are the only option left and we do not desperately need him. Yes he would strengthen the team but its not exactly weak now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.